PDA

View Full Version : Serious fuel pump help NEEDED!!!

NLHT637
07-31-2007, 07:34 PM
I seriously need some genius on this one. I have ran out of ideas.

I bought the walbro pump to replace my stock one, swap it out and now when I connect everything back together then turn key to ON position, I can't hear the pump pumps. Checked the fuse 28 ans its good, checked relay and it clicks fine. Still no voltage to the + wire to the pump.

I then tried to hot wire the pump, connected the black to neg then red to positive and then submerge pump into tank, I can hear it spins and whine but there is no fuel pulling up. That's some weird shit. With it hotwired shouldn't he pump pull fuel atleast?

Worst part of all is that I had to purchase another pump which is the Bosch 040 . And damn this sucker is huge. Still no luck with the Bosch pump.

I seriously need some gurus thought on this one, someone help me please!

mike-2ptzero
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Did you reverse the wires when you put the walbro pump in? If you wire it up like the stock pump you will actually be pushing fuel backwards thru the pump.

Did you check to see if there is power going into the fuel pump relay? Just because it clicks doesn't mean there is power going in to come out. If there is power to the relay but you still dont get any output power when the key is turned on then you might have a bad fuel pump relay.

BTW the pump only comes on for a few seconds when you turn the key on then it shuts off, this is because the ecu can turn on/off the fuel pump relay. Make sure you have the + wire to the pump in the right spot, if you put it on the wrong one it will pump in the wrong direction.

NLHT637
07-31-2007, 08:05 PM
on the walbro I have tried go reverse the wire, still no results. I never tried to reverse the Bosch yet because the Bosch has a neg and pos lead and the sold black on the co connector is neg and the stripped one is pos. What I'm concerned about here is that why isntthe pump pulling fuel while Beeing hotwired?

mike-2ptzero
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Well could you feel it sucking or pushing air when you had the bosch one running?

NLHT637
08-01-2007, 04:58 AM
no not at all, not even the walbro. I am running out of ideas. Someone please chime

NLHT637
08-01-2007, 10:58 PM
well thanks mike for beeing able to chime in on this one. I finally got the car to start and the fuel pump to pull fuel. your right about aftermarket pumps needing to have the wires reverse, after i reverse the bosch it started to pump. Still the walbro reverse or not its still not pumping for shit, its just a dead pump from the factory which really sucks to be me. Thanks for helping out.