PDA

View Full Version : Misfiring.. Need help!

tkoaudi
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes I searched this problem a million times since Ive been having the problem for about 2 weeks now. I just recently upgraded to MTM stage 3 in my 2000 a4 tip. the first night i finished the install the car was misfiring like crazy and found out i was running the wrong gap on my plugs and gapped them down to .028. The misfiring went away UNTIL i put seafoam in my gas tank and started misfiring unbelievable. I figured it was the seafoam that was causing the misfires and waited to fill my gas tank to see if it went away.. didnt go away. I decided to gap them a lil lower to .025 and i was thrilled cause it fixed it and the misfires went away.. but not until last night when i refilled my gas tank and the misfires came back. i noticed it only misfires under higher boost pressures.. only when it hits 15psi does the misifre happen.. but only mostly depends if im in lower RPM ranges. It throws a CEL and it flashes a few times before it stays steady.. ive tried to VAG the car but i cant seem to get my EBAY VAGCOM software to work. I dont know what to try next so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to what it might be.. gladly appreciated! thank you

maxspeed
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
ive had a problem somewhat similar to that when i was first trying to run 24psi,
pull the plugs and check the insulators arent cracked

T28_A4
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
did you torque them down properly?

tkoaudi
08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
No i didnt torque them down to spec. i didnt think it would matter too much but maybe I should try that. I'm going to also swap out each coilpack and replace it with another set I have one at a time. I read about members ICM's being the cause of problems like this. Could it be possible? Could it be predetonation? Also looks like two of the cylinders are running lean and I heard that the stock injectors with this setup run lean on the top end. So confused.. [confused]