PDA

View Full Version : About to Start

SurferForever
07-31-2007, 12:49 PM
So me and Jmatto are about to start a couple days worth of work on my car. Gonna be fun and annoying at the same time. Anybody got any pointers? Heres what we are doin

-Timing Kit
-APR Snub Mount
-Test Pipe
-Fuel Filter
-Oil Change ;-)
-Engine Mounts if i go pick them up

Anything else you people think i should do while im in there?

sean1.8t
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
with two people, that should take a better part of an afternoon. not a couple days

quattro16
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Do That In Like 3 Hours!

sjthomas
07-31-2007, 01:33 PM
With two people, I could do that work in xx minutes...who cares?

Don't worry about how fast you can do it. Sounds like you have the right idea for taking your time and doing it right the first time. I'd check all your vac lines and a coolant flush if it's been awhile. Remember to replace your thermostat if it didn't already come with your TB kit - it's a little easier with the front end apart. Good luck!

maxspeed
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
definatley change out all the vac lines, might as well do plugs while your at it

Ado
07-31-2007, 04:54 PM
have fun.

deux321
07-31-2007, 05:02 PM
you should do coolant also!??

SurferForever
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Losing daylight so we are about to call it a quitz for the night i think. Takin our time. As for the timing belt kit, got to the point where the timing covers are back on and all the belts back on. Pretty much just re-assembling the car. Might hold off on doing the test-pipe being the pain in the ass that it is. Maybe wait till i do my clutch to do it so the tranny will be dropped at the same time, little more room to work.

SurferForever
07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
you should do coolant also!??

You have to do the coolant. You have to drain it all to take the radiator off, and even more comes out when you take the water pump out. Gonna do a quick flush on the engine tomorrow though