PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Bypass?

SouRce4
07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
A buddy of mine is telling me to do a coolant bypass which basically bypasses coolant to pass thru the throttle body. he did it to his altima and has a faster throttle response now. i am wondering if any1 has ever done this and if it can be done and if it will make a difference lol

mike-2ptzero
07-30-2007, 08:51 PM
How do you expect to run coolant thru your tb?

SouRce4
07-30-2007, 09:01 PM
i dk lol im asking if anyone understand this? lol i told him i have no idea what hes talking about but ...

"yea, coolant passes thru ur TB and heats it up to like 200*F, when u take out the inlet/ outlet lines, and link them together, it wont heat up the TB as much... there for u get not only colder air passing thru to the intak mani, but also get better throttle response cuz the temps are cooler "

His quotes. I dont beleive i have any coolant in my TB but mab im wrong hahaha?

mike-2ptzero
07-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I dont think we have coolant lines to our TB, I did notice that the VR6 TB I have on my car now has the lines but they are not connected.

sh00rik
07-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Yes, this is only if there are coolant lines there in the first place. Hondas have it. It's just to warm up the TB so it warms up the air during startup and the first few mins of operation.

black00A4
07-31-2007, 05:41 AM
On most modern cars there is coolant which flows through the TB to keep the plate from freezing in really cold temperatures. This mod has been around for awhile, but I havent heard of it being done on an Audi. I actually asked this same question awhile back without any real answers, but if you do find out if its possible let us know. I know the whole mod can cost like 5 bucks but the benifits in the summer time are awsome and even better when its cold out.

mike-2ptzero
07-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Well if I actually have those on my VR6 TB maybe I should look into running ice cold water thru it to lower the IAT's.