PDA

View Full Version : limp mode

wafballa54
07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
well i got the car apr chipped and the power felt amazing. but now it feels kind of how it used to so the only thing i can guess is limp mode. the car is making an odd sound in drive at idle like at a stop lite it kind of sounds like vibration. and i think a belt is squeeling also. idk if either of that can do sumthin. mayb also the fact that i put on a new cone filter. i don't really kno. can someone help me. could it also be a boost leak. i don't have a boost guage so i don't really know. can someone help me out on this?

wafballa54
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
can't anyone help me out on this?

j2da
07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
i just went through the same thing. for a long time i thought i had a boost leak, but it ended up turning out to be in limp mode like your talking about. is your check engine light on? my problem ended up being a bad MAF sensor. can you get your hands on vag-com and see if there are any codes being thrown?

Burntaudi
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
You really need to get a boost gauge. Very important tool to tell you if the car is running right....should have been one of your first mods.

wafballa54
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
the cel was on a bit ago around when it started feeling like that. but it said evap emission control leak (large). the guys at autozone said gas cap. but that shouldn't be anything rite. so if i replace the maf it'll go rite back to higher boost or what? any other way to tell

jlien08
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
kind of off topic but related, the best two investments I've made so far are my boost gauge and Vag-Com! Lifesavers! and wallet savers...

wafballa54
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
idk any way to tell if in limp mode w/o boost guage or vag-com. like is there an easy way to find out or anything? or do i need a boost guage or vag com b4 i can do anything

wafballa54
07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
what if i unplug my battery for 10 min or so? would that do anything? or if unplug the maf and try running it then? wouldn't that state the maf is bad?