PDA

View Full Version : what turbo should i go with ?

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
So i believe the time has come to buy another turbo mine isnt making boost all the time anymore! Here are the specs on my car.

A4 tip 1.8t (fwd) 2.5" neuspeed with brullen back box , k&n drop in . custom front mount (abd core) apr chip tip chip, n75 j valve samco tip.

Here are the turbos im looking at .

Any imput would be helpfull !

http://www.mjmturbos.com/A4hybrid.htm

http://www.buehnengineering.com/long18t.htm

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release102705_2.htm

I know to steer clear of atp's software and injectors ! but any advise would be helpfull i want more power but not too much where it blows my transmission ! [hail][hail]

nomoore
07-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Just be aware that you have fwd and therefore have the weaker of the two automatic transmissions (5HP19FL). The max torque spec for your transmission is 310 Nm or about 228lb-ft (at the crank, not the wheels). If you go over that you should definitely consider an upgraded torque converter and/or valve body.

Tiluleshpingen
07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
MANUAL GEARBOX should come first.., if not go with k04

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Just be aware that you have fwd and therefore have the weaker of the two automatic transmissions (5HP19FL). The max torque spec for your transmission is 310 Nm or about 228lb-ft (at the crank, not the wheels). If you go over that you should definitely consider an upgraded torque converter and/or valve body.

[=(]

would i be better off to swap to a 2.8 transmission ? will it handle more trq ? id like to keep it tip because it would be easyer to convert back to stock ! [az]

Jereme
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
1st off your going to get about 15 people telling you to SEARCH.... I was new once so I know searching the forums probably wasn't the first thing you were thinking.....

2nd. Have fun tuning the 1st option....this wouldnt be you best bet.

3rd. The second link with the k04-15 is going to be your best bet. You can run it without doing anything else to your car...but to get the best efficiency out of it your going to atleast need a GIAC chip. This is going to run you about 500$.

4th. you could go with the elim. but seeing as your front wheel drive its probably not going to be your best option. People do it...look up BoooostedAudi. last time i checked he was runing an elim on FWD. But this probably isnt going to be your best option either. Plus you'll need a bunch more supporting mods and your car will be alot less reliable.

The k04 is going to probably be your best bet, you could run the regular GIAC file or pc-16. PC-16 is GIAC's more aggressive file, you already have a FMIC so you'll only really need the turbo, 310 or 315cc injectors (I forget exactly) and a new FPR (fuel pressure regulator) and the chip..

pinky
07-30-2007, 11:30 AM
as far as software, all the major software companies seem to have a k04 specific file...

NyteEscape
07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
gt42 no questions.

nomoore
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
[=(]

would i be better off to swap to a 2.8 transmission ? will it handle more trq ? id like to keep it tip because it would be easyer to convert back to stock ! [az]

If there is a difference between the 1.8T and 2.8 transmission it is only gear ratio. The AWD transmission is stronger (though still not great) but it can't be used in a FWD car. Manual transmission is good and strong.

With your current transmission a K04 is doable I think. You should do some searches on the torque output with different tunes though.

If you want to eventually go bigger than a K04 then you should consider a swap to manual or sell your car and buy a manual. The latter is most likely the more cost effective option. Or, if you must have automatic, get an AWD (Quattro) car and upgrade the torque converter and valve body.

Tiluleshpingen
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
gt42 no questions.

muahahahahahahaah [:D][:D][:D][:D]. ur f-ed up man rofl

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
mabye i should check into a manual swap i wonder if they make lsd for the fwd manual ?

Jereme
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
ehh now your talking BIG MONEY and BIG HASSLE, it would be much easier to sell your current setup and buy a manual and quattro a4... then have yourself some funnnn.

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
yah perhaps thats what i should do is put the car back stock and sell it and get a quattro =).

Jereme
07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
yeah man. strait up you would have waaayyy more fun with just a stock manual quattro a4 then your current setup.....I'm not hating on your car but thats just how it is...

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 12:12 PM
The nice thing is , i can transfer over all the mods for it ! (body, wheels, lighting, performance , ect ) =) hhhhuuuummmm

nomoore
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Just stick with the 1.8T engine for modding.

audisportnut
07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Just stick with the 1.8T engine for modding.

[up] thanks guys i think im going to spend the next week or so putting the car back to stock and find somthing else . [:D]

Nor_Cal_Driver
07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Quattro is so much more fun the FWD, you would not be disappointed!

Jereme
07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Quattro is so much more fun the FWD, you would not be disappointed!

+2