PDA

View Full Version : ARgggg cop gave me a tint ticket!

shreddervai
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
So it looks as if my limo tint is going to come to an end. Anyone know what the procedure is? All the cop said was I have to take a picture to court or pay a fine and thats it. Whats the deal, and by the way it was in VA on west 66.

Bic-Ball
07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
print a picture of someone else's car

T28_A4
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
^^^best and easiest way...or you could photochop your car...find someones car on the forum (same color) and print...

shreddervai
07-30-2007, 02:31 PM
ya but would that actually pass in court...

SeanF
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
why not get rid of the tint, take a picture, and get legal tint?

maxspeed
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
eh, i got one, 60 bucks didnt really sweat it, still got the tint on

generik777
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I got pulled over the other day on I-94 in MN for 20% tint. The trooper just gave me a warning and let me go. He must have thought I was some drug dealer or something at first cause he kept trying to see in my back seat and kept asking what was back their. After he gave me a warning and as I pulled away I noticed that their was another trooper parked right behind him. I don't know if he was scared that I was gonna shoot him or something or what. It sucked cause my friends were following me and they were all laughing and pointing as they went by.

GetBoosted84
07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know about where you live but around me, if you have anything other than stock tint on your car the cops make you take it off. You are better off taking it off or just paying the fine because if that same cop gets you again then he is going to hammer you.

shreddervai
07-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Well i dont live in VA thats not a problem. If i pay the fine upfront and no court, will thety still check to see if its off somehow?

Im fuckin sick of gettin tint on my car, its the 3rd time for uncircumstantial reasons lol.

Rico750
07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
sorry to hear that...

i never had a problem with the tint here. (20%)

Matt@JHM
07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Wow a picture? In california you have to have all fix-it tickets signed off in person.

I got a warning for my 20% when I got pulled over too, but got a speeding ticket for 76 in a 65. Ticket was $160 including traffic school.

owdeee
07-31-2007, 08:41 AM
So it looks as if my limo tint is going to come to an end. Anyone know what the procedure is? All the cop said was I have to take a picture to court or pay a fine and thats it. Whats the deal, and by the way it was in VA on west 66.

Did you get a SERO(safety equip repair order) or a citation with a fine? If you got a citation, simply pay the fine. No need to go to court. You can then leave your tint on.
If you got an ERO then you have to get the tint inspected by the state trooper at the MVA after you get it removed. They will sign your ticket and either turn it in for you or tell you to mail it in. There is no fine with an ERO.

NoFlyZone
07-31-2007, 08:44 AM
I've been running full tint in both my cars for 7 years Audi and 4 years Murano. I was living/commuting from Vegas and had Nevada plates so they couldn't touch me. Now that I'm in California with CA plates I still haven't been pulled over. Now that I've written this post, I'll get cited today... [rolleyes]

Now that missing front license plate another story [mad]

Durkin
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
eh, i got one, 60 bucks didnt really sweat it, still got the tint on

damn... its $250 for less than 27% tint in SC.. or at least thats what my friend was threatened with when she was stopped with 20% on her mazda 6..

as far as procedure, if you ment removing the tint, the guy that put mine on said never use window cleaner with ammonia because it'd take the tint off...

RippleChip
07-31-2007, 09:38 AM
If you go that route and keep the tint on, realize its on your history that you've had a fix-it ticket and next time you get pulled over it won't go as well for you.

owdeee
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
If you go that route and keep the tint on, realize its on your history that you've had a fix-it ticket and next time you get pulled over it won't go as well for you.

Not it Maryland, which is where shreddervai lives.

djxtreme
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
5% all the way around, OH plates, just got a warning in NY.

SouRce4
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
i play stupid because in NY the law is 70 in the front so when the cop puts the meter on it reads 30% so i say ohhh perfect so they are legal and he goes no... and im like yea the law is 70% light goes thru the meter means 30% light doesnt go thru am i right? and then hes like ohhh no thats not how it works. 30% means thats how much does go thru. and im like awwww man really now im gunna have to get them taken off. lololol and they always let me go with a warning

shreddervai
07-31-2007, 11:05 AM
He gave me a sheet to sign and i guess its just a ticket. No mention of repairs or signing off on anything. SO i guess I just pay this fine and I get to keep the tints, yay.

A4Rollin
07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
i lived in chicago awhile back and got pulled over with limo tint. Cop just gave me a ticket and said either pay it or dispute it in court (show a picture). I went to my friends body shop and he printed me out a reciept for $80 saying I payed to get it removed by them. HAHA! It worked perfectly and they dropped my ticket with a no front liscence plate, gotta love it! However, i got pulled over 2 more times for tint in the next 2 months so I said F it and took it off.

shreddervai
07-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Ya.. the worst part was I was on my way to a concert with some friends and i had a 30 in the backseat, so first door the cop opens is that door and sees it and im thinkin shittttt. Had to spill them all out on the side of the highway. Good thing i didnt have anything else illegal, cuz he searched that badboy well.