PDA

View Full Version : A/C problem after recharged

sickguy
07-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey guys, I need some advises so any input will be great. I recharged the refrigerant because my A/C was slow to cool, and I checked the low-pressure port was 27psi. So I recharged it to ~45psi and it blows cold now.

But they are some problems after the recharge. The A/C seems to be engaged on and off very frequently, like every 2, 3 seconds. I can feel it on the gas pedal, it seems to be pulled back a little everytime the A/C compressor engages every 2, 3 seconds, so it drives funny.

I vag-com it but no fault codes. So I checked the On-Board Diagnostic Codes using the guide here http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int6.shtml .

It gives me a DTC: 22.3 . According to the table, it's "A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch, sporadic open". Is it because the A/C refrigerant pressure too high? Do I need to release some pressure? Please advise, thanks.

Ewok_Fetus
07-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I think 45 may have been a bit high... I'll check here in a bit...

sickguy
07-29-2007, 03:03 PM
It's weird when I measured the pressure after the recharge. It would show 45psi and drop slowly to about 27psi and stop.

Tifun
07-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Too much air in the lines. It needs pumped out. The compressor is trying to kick in but the pressure is so high the the valve closes ans kills the clutch....

sickguy
07-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Too much air in the lines. It needs pumped out. The compressor is trying to kick in but the pressure is so high the the valve closes ans kills the clutch....

What should the pressure be? (it's 45psi now and drops to 27psi when the gauge is plugged in). And how do I pump out the refrigerant?

sickguy
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Problem fixed. Released some refrigerant and set it to 30 psi. No more A/C compressor going on and off and drives so much better now. While it's still showing DTC 22.3, but yes, it's ice cold now. Thanks.