PDA

View Full Version : alarm issues

zlam27
07-29-2007, 01:12 PM
anyone know much about the factory alarm on a 99' A4? for some reason if i leave any window cracked or the sunroof open a little the alarm ends up going off after a little while. sometimes the alarm will go off for no reason even when the car is locked and all the windows and doors are shut. i know the car wasnt tampered with because its in rural areas and no one was around.

the only thing i wonder is if it has something to do with the stock interior motion sensor. it was broken when i bought the car (its missing or smashed and parts of it are still in there - its hard to see exactly). otherwise i dont know what to check.

it drives me nuts because the alarm is annoying sounding and the remote range is so terrible you have to walk all the way to the car to shut it off!!

thanks for any help,

zach

rice_Rocket88
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Probably is.. but the button you can hold down and it disables the interior motion sensor.. give it a try when the door's open and then arm the car.

The button is right on the B pillar ie all the way down where the buckle is bolted onto the car frame, halfway down.

SurferForever
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
If you leave the windows open even the slightest crack then the alarm will def go off if you dont push the button and disable the sensors. How often does it happen when its all shut? is it possible a window might have been extremely slightly cracked?

generik777
07-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Mine does the same thing, I always have to disable the motion sensing when I leave the windows cracked. Like rice said hit that button on the B pillar, After you press it the little red light by the door locks should light up red to let you know that the motion detection has been disabled. Then just shut the door and lock as usual.

zlam27
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
ill try the button thing if it works.

anyone know where i can get a new button, mine is broke or missing...

SurferForever
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
ill try the button thing if it works.

anyone know where i can get a new button, mine is broke or missing...

something like that might be a dealer only part, unless you hit up a junk yard