PDA

View Full Version : Daggummit, newb mistake

FrancoTheTanko
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I bought my A4 in march and it needed a new clutch so after doing some reasearch (it wasn't good enough damnit) I got a Southbend Stage 2, 290tq. Now after 4 months I want to go BT but I don't believe it will be able to handle the torque. Do you think I can go BT and not kill it by babying the launches?

p.s. I know it is recommended to get at least a stg 4 for a gt28rs

TDRILL
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
What choice do you have? Either baby it and drive it until its ruined, or pay to have it taken out and a new one installed. You won't get what you payed for it even if you only have a few thousand miles on it and you won't get much more than the cost of having it removed. Either way you will be upgrading in the future so may as well run that clutch for as long as it lasts and then get the better clutch.

mike-2ptzero
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Do you plan on launching it hard? Because you shouldn't have too much problems with that clutch holding during normal driving and getting on it while rolling.

FrancoTheTanko
07-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't plan on drag racing ever. It would be more for a daily driver. The gt28rs can put out more than 300ftlbs to the wheels right? So that would be at least 385 at the crank?

mike-2ptzero
07-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't plan on drag racing ever. It would be more for a daily driver. The gt28rs can put out more than 300ftlbs to the wheels right? So that would be at least 385 at the crank?

I dont think it will hit 300ft lbs at the wheels on pump gas, plus the tq comes on much slower then a k03/K04 so the tq hit isn't as hard. The stage 4 setup would be needed if you planned on drag racing it and/or launching it really hard from a stand still.

FrancoTheTanko
07-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Anyone else? How long do you think this clutch will last me if I dont do any 4k launches?

speedydragon
07-14-2007, 08:47 AM
it should last you as long as the clutch usually lasts...as long as you don't do stupid hard launches, it should last like it should in the first place.