PDA

View Full Version : Changing Brake Lines, some questions?

$teady$upreme
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
There is this 11mm nut on the small steel line and 14mm nut on the rubber line (which im going to change to stainless lines). THe double plier method with two wrenches just won't move any of the nuts.

I had tried using vise grip and flare socket as well, still don't work.

How can i take the rubber lines out?

$teady$upreme
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
anyone help?

quattroism25
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
spray alot of penetrating lube and let it sit for a while. Get a set of line wrenches so you won't strip the nuts.

$teady$upreme
07-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I had already tried doing that, anymore suggestions?

d1rt
07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Sorry bro, i just recently did stoptechs. Car had 130k on it and they came off pretty easy. I didnt even have to use lube or anything. Maybe some PB blaster. That stuff always works for me when a bolt wont budge. Also, make sure you understand how those bolts fit togther down there. When I did mine, it took a second to make sure I was working with the right tools and in the right spot. I know that sounds lame but sometimes its easier than you think.

I usually let PB sit overnight or even for a couple days. Good luck.

$teady$upreme
07-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Thx very much for the heads up.

But for the rear lines, I should be working on the 11mm nut of the small steel line and 14mm nut of the rubber line, am I right?

And did you change two rear lines? Or just one?

Sorry bro, i just recently did stoptechs. Car had 130k on it and they came off pretty easy. I didnt even have to use lube or anything. Maybe some PB blaster. That stuff always works for me when a bolt wont budge. Also, make sure you understand how those bolts fit togther down there. When I did mine, it took a second to make sure I was working with the right tools and in the right spot. I know that sounds lame but sometimes its easier than you think.

I usually let PB sit overnight or even for a couple days. Good luck.

audiness
07-12-2007, 03:44 AM
PB blast it, wait a few days.