PDA

View Full Version : removing driver door interior panel?

IndieRockSteve
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM
My driver side door interior handle is no longer connected to the mechanism that opens and unlocks the door. I'm wondering how difficult it is to remove and re-install this panel to try and fix this issue on my own or if I should just let a shop do it.

The only door panels I've taken off were for a 86 Ford, and 87 Jeep and my friends 98 Altima, but I'm assuming the A4's will be a bit more complicated/delicate.

Thanks!

kjgarreau
07-09-2007, 10:11 AM
2 screws on the top edges of the doors, a screw holding the plate covering two more screws is located by the door handle (not the door lock handle) - then pull up.

thebikedoctor33
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
It's actually the easiest door panel i've ever taken off. just look for the over piece by the door handle and take that and the two screws behind it out. then the two near the top corners. and lift. they come off so easy

IndieRockSteve
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
awesome, now I just hope fixing the linkage to the handle is that easy!

thanks guys!

Ewok_Fetus
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM
You may need to buy the interior door handle... I don't think they just "come off." At least mine didn't... The lever on the other side of the interior door handle broke... $35 from the dealer...

kjgarreau
07-10-2007, 03:33 AM
There's a spring inside the handle that usually snaps. A $0.15 spring inside that $30 assembly. :(

Flash
07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey,

I've done this recently. Look here for pics: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int.html look for interior door handle replacement.

Super easy. One screw on either side of the panel, near the top (lock side and hinge side)

Then a screw holding in that oval piece in the handle. It then requries some prying and wiggling to get out.

Then there are two very obvious screws.

Then you lift the thing up then off.

The cable end is a half hook eyelet.It can fall off if your door handle return spring is busted, like mine was.