PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick Questons: Intake Stuff. Please Help

d1rt
07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
[az]Im in the process of acquiring a new A4. A '00 1.8t. The previous owner has a TT/Boost Controller installed. Its incorperated into a wierd custom intake. I'd like to remove it and just run APR or GIAC software full time. Im thinking of getting the Evolution MS intake as well. Barring any really peculiar intake "crap" from PO should an EVOMS intake swap out pretty easily? Anyone with experience with evoms intake please help also. Better than Carbonio? Ive heard yes. Carb intake for BT setups.

Also, Ive read that that particular intake will work with the stock or similar TIP. Is that true? (ie. APR TIP?)

Finally, which software company offers programs for K03/K04 Hybrids, if any.

I appreciate the time.

Thanks

d1rt
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
anyone?

kjgarreau
07-09-2007, 06:24 AM
As long as the MAF is still there, it should be a direct swap. It bolts to the APR/Samco TIP as well as the stock TIP just fine.

If you can wait a week or two, I'm putting my stock airbox back on and I'll sell you my Evo intake on the cheap.

20A4Audi1.8t01
07-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I think id just spend the extra and get the carbonio! looks great sounds great u won't be dissapointed!

d1rt
07-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Just out of curiousity...does someone have a couple pics of what their MAF plug looks like. The one thats on the car im looking at looks differant from what Im used to.

Also, does the Carbonio intake use stock TIP?

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-153&Category_Code=VVWTK

Will this work on a K03/K04 Hrbrid as well as a Carbonio or Evo intake system? And would that TIP require a larger MAF? a 3"?

d1rt
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
C'mon...i know you guys know about this stuff.

projectdarka4
07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
when you get a new intake, can i have all your old intake parts?

AHB900
07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I have a Evolution intake i mean honestly i like the sound it gave me but no doubt no power increase when its really hot outside my car bogs so bad sometimes i feel like its going to stall. and for the price and what you get honestly sometimes i wanna slap my self across the head for paying 350 dollars for a plastic U shaped tube and a filter thats all you really get oh and that crappy ass headsheild that barely works.... projectdarka4 i got my old intake stuff if you want u can give me an offer on it... just let me know what you want ill see if i have it... i beleive i have everything i took out... oh and yes it was a easy swap just take that stuff out and put this one in its quick and easy.

Bic-Ball
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
bah i had my maf out 4 hours ago, if you asked then i could give you a picture :p