PDA

View Full Version : PureMS Snub Mount Review

aytheory
07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Been driving the car for a day with new snub mount install

Cabin vibration increase a tad bit and only noticeable in idle with the radio off.

Engine Movement - the change or improvement is only felt under heavy acceleration - my old mount was in good condition except for

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/12946DSCN1066-med.JPG

It looked like that on the top - (note I did not cut it to remove it) - it looked like this when I slipped it out.

But for 20 dollar and it takes like 30 mins to replace why not.

Also since our engine is longitudinal - it moves left and right so I doubt the difference would be dramatic.

Up next are engine mounts - probably street density - Joe at axismotorsport recommend that I use street 034 because super stiff engine mounts causes too much vibration for a daily driver - even with occasional track days.

Wonder if I should do tranny mounts too

Kyle H
07-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I did the snub mount when I changed my timing belt, just ordered track density motor/tranny mounts. I can't wait to see the difference.

NoFlyZone
07-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I just changed my snub mount to APR's, my motor mounts - new stock OEM's, rebuilt my axles and installed new tie rods. I've got 188K miles for reference. A definite improvement overall. Gearshift stays in place. Throttle has better sensitivity. I feel more of what the engine is doing which is good and bad. Now I need to fix this stumbling/ rolling idle these cars are famous for. Now that I have a rebuilt AC system this idle problem is more annoying than ever. [:(]

aytheory
07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Yah - mine is starting to act up once in a while - The idle sometimes gets crappy during stop lights - and I can feel the engine rumble a little - is there any specific cause - I have 120K on this car

NoFlyZone
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
No specific cause, that is, it can be many things such as MAF or 02 sensor, vacuum leak, and perhaps a host of others I don't know about. That's another topic. Good luck.