PDA

View Full Version : A4Rob- Follow up progress thread from February

A4Rob
07-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Well last February I posted my last pic thread before the makeover HERE (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119375) Now it is 90% done. I planned to change the side skirts, hood, wheels, rear bumper, repaint my front bumper, strip the tint off, and paint my A-C pillars black to match my roof. Today I laid the first coat of gloss black onto them. So far it looks great. It will be clear coated and buffed by next weekend!

(APR Tuned banner is my room mates. He has a stage 3 Jetta)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/a4robm/IMG_2123.jpg

pipe7284
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
ooohhh man......cant wait to see it complete, make sure you send me the pics for my wallpaper!!!!!!! pipe7284@msn.com
dont forget. i am a great admierer of your car.

Das General
07-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Just curious but, why did you strip the tint if you are gonna paint the a-c pillars black? wouldnt it be more of a solid black look if the tint was dark, lets say 10-20%?

A4Rob
07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Just curious but, why did you strip the tint if you are gonna paint the a-c pillars black? wouldnt it be more of a solid black look if the tint was dark, lets say 10-20%?

I got sick of being stopped by the po' for window tint. Who knows, someday when my A4 is not daily driven I might put some 10% on there.

I also stripped my tint because it was turning purple and was scratched in a few places. I think it really cleaned up the look of my car.

Das General
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Ahhh the pooolice are ruining it for ya. Yeah I hear ya, my tint isn't exactly legal so I know exactly how you feel.

Anyways, keep us posted on this. By the looks of it you are doing all of your own work???

A4Rob
07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
oh yes, I paint right there in my garage [:D]

panix73
07-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I got sick of being stopped by the po' for window tint. Who knows, someday when my A4 is not daily driven I might put some 10% on there.

I also stripped my tint because it was turning purple and was scratched in a few places. I think it really cleaned up the look of my car.

I think they tryin' to catch you ridin' dirty!

Car looks good. What skirts you going for? S4?

Let me know how much your looking to get for that euro s4 rear and hood. Did you cutout the holes for your washer nozzles on the hood or whats the story with that?

Tiluleshpingen
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM

you could have just left the back tints .. thats legal

97audia4
07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
lookin good are you going to retint them or now, did your buddy get that banner at waterfest last year bc i took a big awe one just like it i know the apr one was linedlong the fence as you come in

A4Rob
07-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I think they tryin' to catch you ridin' dirty!

Car looks good. What skirts you going for? S4?

Let me know how much your looking to get for that euro s4 rear and hood. Did you cutout the holes for your washer nozzles on the hood or whats the story with that?

I already have oettinger skirts on. This is the last step in my A4's makeover.

Also I do not have any washer holes. My oem hood does ( use that in the winter).
Here is a pic of the side skirts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/a4robm/trashworks07a15.jpg

you could have just left the back tints .. thats legal
I had it like that for a while.

lookin good are you going to retint them or now, did your buddy get that banner at waterfest last year bc i took a big awe one just like it i know the apr one was linedlong the fence as you come in

Yup it came from waterfest

THANKS for the comments everyone. Better pics will come soon

Euro Avant
07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
was yours a S4 rear? it looks like it sits up high compared to the sides.

Das General
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
i think he went from reiger rear to euro rear?

onemoremile
07-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Love it. [up]

A4Rob
07-09-2007, 09:09 AM
yup euro rear