PDA

View Full Version : New high trap speed for me today

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Car went 134 mph on a run where I basicly launched the car at idle giving me a 2.3 60 ft and a ET of 12.00. This was at the new fontana track which happens to run uphill the whole 1320 ft and then levels off in the shut down area of the track. Damn seems they put the wrong section of the track first.

dukez
07-08-2007, 12:50 PM
The 1/4mi goes uphill wtf?

Nice times.

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 01:06 PM
The 1/4mi goes uphill wtf?

Nice times.

Yeah, all the racers ask the same question. Seems someone mixed up the "plans" for the new track when they started building it. Usually it is the "shut down/runoff" that goes up hilll to scrub speed.

T28_A4
07-08-2007, 03:12 PM
why would people want to go there then, b/c no one would get accurate time...have you ever tried doing the quarter-mile/0-60mph off the vag-com? if so, is it accurate at all?

sean1.8t
07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, all the racers ask the same question. Seems someone mixed up the "plans" for the new track when they started building it. Usually it is the "shut down/runoff" that goes up hilll to scrub speed.

haha, wow, how hard is it to screw up dragstrip "plans"?

nice trap mike.

why is it that you keep bumping up your traps and such but you're never getting any better ET's? you're always just idle lauching or there is an uphill, or your launch control isn't working.. etc..

no more excuses man. lets see some good times outta that thing [drive][race]...[a4]

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 05:18 PM
haha, wow, how hard is it to screw up dragstrip "plans"?

nice trap mike.

why is it that you keep bumping up your traps and such but you're never getting any better ET's? you're always just idle lauching or there is an uphill, or your launch control isn't working.. etc..

no more excuses man. lets see some good times outta that thing [drive][race]...[a4]

I just went to see what my trap speeds are with the 1.8 trans at this track. I gained 5+ mph at LACR going from the 2.8 trans to the 1.8 trans and this shows me that my traps also went up 5mph at lower elevation because I ran 129.5 mph at sac with the 2.8 trans. My trap speeds will be slightly higher with a much better launch, but did not want to break anything in the driveline since I have plans to go out to Seattle in 3 weeks for Waterwagens.

I was going to launch a little harder on my next run but when I got back to the pits I had a bit of oil coming out of my catch can(more then I would like to see) so I packed up and took the car back home. Just wasn't worth causing any major damage or oiling down the track during a bracket event.

As of right now it looks like I might have a small leak at the head gasket which happened during the run which caused oil to blow out the catch can, also a little oil in the coolant tank and in the oil cap but the oil is very clean on the dip stick. Just wondering if it is gasket or one of the head bolts backed out for some reason.

GR-RALLYE
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
You gonna show your car or just drag at Waterwagens?

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 05:40 PM
You gonna show your car or just drag at Waterwagens?

Just drag race it but it is always open for people to look at or sit in between runs when it is in the pits. I dont do car judged car shows any more.

dirtybrd
07-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I think it was the new ram air headlight mod. Think about how much less that turbo has to work with all that air being forced into it. If it has to work less it can concentrate on making more power.

seatown88
07-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Just drag race it but it is always open for people to look at or sit in between runs when it is in the pits. I dont do car judged car shows any more.

i so cant wait to see your car at waterwagens mike

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I think it was the new ram air headlight mod. Think about how much less that turbo has to work with all that air being forced into it. If it has to work less it can concentrate on making more power.

Well going back to the 1.8 trans(shorter gearing) helped jump the mph up since I am closer to the peak hp while hitting the end of the run. I really want to get close to 8k rpm when hitting the finish line, at 134 mph I finish around 7200 rpm but will have to look at my log again.

ibew5audi
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
that def sounds like 10s trap

mike-2ptzero
07-08-2007, 10:19 PM
RPM data from the 134mph run

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716rpm_shift_points_on_134mph_run.jpg

gavin18t
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Great MPH please post your timeslip!

jaybquick@JHM
07-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Nice dude. You are tempting me to go to Waterwagens. How are they on tech at that track? I should be fine, but are they rediculous about it?

gavin18t
07-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I just went to see what my trap speeds are with the 1.8 trans at this track. I gained 5+ mph at LACR going from the 2.8 trans to the 1.8 trans and this shows me that my traps also went up 5mph at lower elevation because I ran 129.5 mph at sac with the 2.8 trans. My trap speeds will be slightly higher with a much better launch, but did not want to break anything in the driveline since I have plans to go out to Seattle in 3 weeks for Waterwagens.

I was going to launch a little harder on my next run but when I got back to the pits I had a bit of oil coming out of my catch can(more then I would like to see) so I packed up and took the car back home. Just wasn't worth causing any major damage or oiling down the track during a bracket event.

As of right now it looks like I might have a small leak at the head gasket which happened during the run which caused oil to blow out the catch can, also a little oil in the coolant tank and in the oil cap but the oil is very clean on the dip stick. Just wondering if it is gasket or one of the head bolts backed out for some reason.

Mike do you have a log of the Boost on that last run?

sean1.8t
07-09-2007, 10:33 AM

lol, does no one else see the extreme irony in this??

mike-2ptzero
07-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Nothing special at all seeing that I wasn't there to set any ET records, just logging AFR and to see what the MPH was at now.

60 ft = 2.374
330 = 5.781
1/8 = 8.281
mph = 102.43
1/4 = 12.07
mph 134.07

Ran at 9:39 am
75-80 deg
60% humidity
Density Altitude = 2643 feet
On a dumb ass uphill track(way to go track builder [confused])

If that isn't good enough I can always scan the time slip with my CA dragway member # on it and a picture of my car with my #'s still on it.[:p]

Mike do you have a log of the Boost on that last run?

Same boost 034 tuned the car on which is 32psi

Nice dude. You are tempting me to go to Waterwagens. How are they on tech at that track? I should be fine, but are they rediculous about it?

They just follow the NHRA rule book so you should be fine. Last year they kicked a few S4's off for not having the correct safety equipment(jacket or roll bar). If you dont run faster then 11.49 you dont need a roll bar. You will need a single layer fire jacket though, but your welcome to use mine for your run at waterwagens if you go with us.

jaybquick@JHM
07-09-2007, 10:51 AM
They just follow the NHRA rule book so you should be fine. Last year they kicked a few S4's off for not having the correct safety equipment(jacket or roll bar). If you dont run faster then 11.49 you dont need a roll bar.

I am aware of that. I have a jacket and helmet. I should be good then. Hopefully I can get my car back together in time. If I find the time.

mike-2ptzero
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I am aware of that. I have a jacket and helmet. I should be good then. Hopefully I can get my car back together in time. If I find the time.

Well get cracking bud, you have a little less then 3 weeks to get it ready. I am trying to get some other people to go even though they dont plan on racing.

Eurotuned_A4
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
nice. im looking forward to you hitting 10s at waterwagens mike!!

SoFresh
07-09-2007, 11:29 AM
i so cant wait to see your car at waterwagens mike

shit!!! I just moved from North Bend, WA to Scottsdale, AZ.... otherwise I would have seen this happen at Waterwagens!!!! Crap, I always seem to miss the good events, when is Waterwagons again? Cause I might fly back up to visit my mom or something and check out Waterwagens, cause I miss this event every year!!! [:(]

mike-2ptzero
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
shit!!! I just moved from North Bend, WA to Scottsdale, AZ.... otherwise I would have seen this happen at Waterwagens!!!! Crap, I always seem to miss the good events, when is Waterwagons again? Cause I might fly back up to visit my mom or something and check out Waterwagens, cause I miss this event every year!!! [:(]

Well get your ass back to WA for the event. But the funny thing is your now just a 6 hr drive from where I live and I usually go to scottsdale every once in a while because of the Bill Heard Chevy dealer we sell products too, I have yet to see their brand new dealership they just moved into.

Been to the "Pink Pony" yet or "salty's bar and grill"? There are a few night clubs just down the road from the huge mall in scottsdale.

Eurotuned_A4
07-09-2007, 11:35 AM
waterwagens.com will give you all the info you need for the event.

SoFresh
07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Well get your ass back to WA for the event. But the funny thing is your now just a 6 hr drive from where I live and I usually go to scottsdale every once in a while because of the Bill Heard Chevy dealer we sell products too, I have yet to see their brand new dealership they just moved into.

Been to the "Pink Pony" yet or "salty's bar and grill"? There are a few night clubs just down the road from the huge mall in scottsdale.

I know its only a 6 hour drive, but its the most boring drive in the world!! haha. Ive been going out and checking out the scottsdale nightlife, so far ive been to "Salty Senoritas" in North Scottsdale, fun place, also went to an Irish Pub in N. Scottsdale last sat night called "Skeptical Chymist", also been to a place called "Pink Taco", lol, fun place as well. But I havent made it down to Old Town Scottsdale to check out those clubs by the mall youre talking about, I hear theyre fun though and that theres always a couple big name people at them usually. I'm still unemployed and trying to get a job as of this moment, so I havent been going out all too much. It sucks being unemplyed.... thats also why I sold my B5, to have some cash to live off for a while and also start paying off some of my student loans. But im gonna try and make it up to SPR for Waterwagens [up]

Side note.... anyone know anyone looking for work in Scottsdale, lol, at this point I dont care where I work!

SoFresh
07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
waterwagens.com will give you all the info you need for the event.

Oh sweet!!! Waterwagens is on my birthday!!!! Thanks for the site.[up]

mike-2ptzero
07-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I know its only a 6 hour drive, but its the most boring drive in the world!! haha. Ive been going out and checking out the scottsdale nightlife, so far ive been to "Salty Senoritas" in North Scottsdale, fun place, also went to an Irish Pub in N. Scottsdale last sat night called "Skeptical Chymist", also been to a place called "Pink Taco", lol, fun place as well. But I havent made it down to Old Town Scottsdale to check out those clubs by the mall youre talking about, I hear theyre fun though and that theres always a couple big name people at them usually. I'm still unemployed and trying to get a job as of this moment, so I havent been going out all too much. It sucks being unemplyed.... thats also why I sold my B5, to have some cash to live off for a while and also start paying off some of my student loans. But im gonna try and make it up to SPR for Waterwagens [up]

Side note.... anyone know anyone looking for work in Scottsdale, lol, at this point I dont care where I work!

You think that drive is bad, I did a drive out and back non stop once in a Uhaul truck. That drive still isn't as bad as driving to Norcal, talk about boring.

Oh if your into good deli sandwich there is a italian deli shop up there that is really good. IIRC it isn't far from the "Barrett classic car" shop.