PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent CEL

ahutch1
07-07-2007, 02:31 PM
The other week i got a CEL so i went to autozone to get it pulled. I got p0171 which is cylinder 1 is running lean. Which means that its usually the MAF of o2 sensor. My car seemed to run fine, but I wanted to make sure it got taken care of. I called around and I found a shop that does full diagnostics of the car so i could find out exactly what it was. They couldn't really find anything, but the cleaned the MAF and cleared the light. A couple days later the light came back on. And then a couple days after that it went off again. And then came back on. WTF?!? I just changed the MAF last year so it shouldn't be that. Any suggestions??

T28_A4
07-07-2007, 02:38 PM
just so you know, P0171 is not cylinder 1 running lean...its a measure of your fuel trim so your car is running lean...what do you have done to your car...could be a vac leak or o2 sensor... try finding someone with a vag-com in your area so you can look into it...either post in your region or try this... http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl

ahutch1
07-07-2007, 02:46 PM
My car is completely stock engine wise. No K&N or anything. I'll see if I can get my hands on a Vag, thanks.