PDA

View Full Version : How much cutting to fit

Oricle
07-07-2007, 09:33 AM
a 28'' x 7'' x 2.5'' FMIC on the stock bumper? Mine finally came in and it looks like I'm going to need to do a bit of cutting on it.

94jedi
07-07-2007, 10:08 AM
not too much but you will have to cut. mainly the corners of the top of the FMIC is where it will hit the rebar. Of course, it greatly depends where you mount it but this is where the rebar bends to mirror the bumper so that's usually the trouble spot.

Oricle
07-07-2007, 10:09 AM
not too much but you will have to cut. mainly the corners of the top of the FMIC is where it will hit the rebar. Of course, it greatly depends where you mount it but this is where the rebar bends to mirror the bumper so that's usually the trouble spot.

Sweet thanks a lot! [up]

mike-2ptzero
07-07-2007, 10:46 AM
28" long might be tuff to fit low enough because of how the stock A4 bumper wraps around at the ends. This is going to the tuff spot plus seeing that the fmic is 2.5" thick. Best thing to do is make a mock up of the FMIC using card board or poster board, this way you can make 100% sure it will fit before buying the fmic or start cutting the bumper.

Euro
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
28" long might be tuff to fit low enough because of how the stock A4 bumper wraps around at the ends. This is going to the tuff spot plus seeing that the fmic is 2.5" thick. Best thing to do is make a mock up of the FMIC using card board or poster board, this way you can make 100% sure it will fit before buying the fmic or start cutting the bumper.

good idea. [up]

Oricle
07-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Already ordered it. I'll probally have to cut the piss out of the bumper it sounds like?