PDA

View Full Version : Took the car for about a 25 mile drive...some problems...advice appreciated

Starting
07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I just finally finished doing my t28 install with pes programing, manifold, greentop injectors, newsouth preformance gasket, atp oil adapaters and lines, custom exhaust, custom catch can, 034 motorsports clutch and flywheel.

So onto the problems.
The speedo did not work. I unlugged and replugged the 2 connections on the trans and it didnt help. Also the car doesnt really want to start. It "starts" when I first turn the car but is only at about 200 rpms. I gave it gas the two times and then it would idle fine. It also idled fine when I came to stops. When I started it the other day and also today for the first time it was fine.

The car is a 98.5 1.8tqm. Thanks for looking.

94jedi
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
There's a few speedo connections....make sure they're all plugged in. I had the same issue. I think the main culprit with mine was the little blue round-ish plug. did you do a TBA using vag-com? make sure there are no massive vac leaks.

Starting
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
No i just did the key tba. I'll vag it tomorrow cause it does have a cel. For the trans I only remember doing the two connections. Maybe they got dirty? Maybe I'll spray them down with some contact cleaner. Also the fuel guage is going crazy from 1/4 to 3/4. I dont remember a blue round plug.

Starting
07-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I've done so many mods to the car the past two weeks this is gonna drive me crazy I can just tell.

Teaser shot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/hampp2/0702071837.jpg