PDA

View Full Version : worth it: ECSTuning Timing Belt Kit with Lightweight Crank Pulley?

IndieRockSteve
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm taking my car in and want to get the timing belt replaced and was wondering if this kit is worth getting over their "Ultimate" kit? They look to have it on sale for 25% off right now so its only $80 more than the plain "Ultimate" kit.

Also, what about their Underdrive Pulley Alternator Belt? worth the $25?

thanks!

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
No

ActiveMonkey
07-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Personally i'm a bit anal, and if i had the money i would do it. But i have another 30k before i do mine again.

IndieRockSteve
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Personally i'm a bit anal, and if i had the money i would do it. But i have another 30k before i do mine again.

well, I'm at that time where I need to do mine, so its going to get done, I'm just wondering if the extra money on the lightweight pulley is worth the extra money with the setup I have.

thanks,

kjgarreau
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Don't bother with the pulley, and don't bother with ECS. Go to autohausaz.com for the parts, it's free shipping and their prices beat ECS hands-down.

IndieRockSteve
07-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Don't bother with the pulley, and don't bother with ECS. Go to autohausaz.com for the parts, it's free shipping and their prices beat ECS hands-down.

thanks

onemoremile
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Don't bother with the pulley. I installed it a couple months ago and felt no difference. I was hoping rev-matching would be a bit snappier. I'll be putting the stock pulley back on. Maybe a TDi pulley like Wiz suggests.