PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever swapped a cluster with LCD

zoti
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
for one with the lamps and gear/temp display (99.5 1.8T A/T)?

I'm trying to figure out the pinouts on the new cluster to match it to the red connector in my car.

zoti
07-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm also refering to a similar post I made on audiforums.com. It has pictures of the instrument panel.

http://www.audiforums.com/m_569470/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#569470

GR-RALLYE
07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
ive been looking for the same thing to hook up my display. mine didn't come with the cold weather package so im trying to get power to the temp display and tap into the temp sensor but have had no luck finding a wiring diagram of it. i pulled it apart and am in the process of taking it to my buddy who used to work on circuit boards to hopefully tell me what prong does what. if i find out anything ill let you know

zoti
07-03-2007, 04:41 PM
What year is your car? Do you have the LCD or not?

On the car side (I have the red connector for the LCD) I have managed to find the temp and gear selector pins. I have the diagram and the gear selector will change the voltage from 5.8v down to about 1.3v as you go down the gears on the lever.

My problem is I can't figure out the pins in the back of the display ad the Bentley manual doesn't have a clear diagram for them.

GR-RALLYE
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah thats the same problem i have, i have no idea what the prongs on the display do

allshowA4
07-03-2007, 10:17 PM
i've been waitin to see a tv wired in when the lcd screen dies but havent seen any do it yet

audiness
07-04-2007, 05:12 AM
im so sick of my broken LCD display, im thinking about getting rid of it

SurferForever
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Sidenote, just for the hell of it, are you able to make a gear selector show up on a manual to show what gear your in? I mean obviously its not hard to know what gear your in but i think it might be one of those cool little custom things. And make driving a little more Cruisin USA like LoL