PDA

View Full Version : alarm question

rzapitt
06-25-2007, 04:21 PM
99 1.8...Has anyone encountered this? When I lock my car with the windows cracked, the alarm will eventually go off by itself? Ill crack the windows so when I get out of work, my car is not a sauna, but ill be sitting at work and someone will come up to me and be like, your alarm is going off...Only seems to do this if the alarm is set with the windows cracked or sunroof is open....

Kyle H
06-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Yep, there are some sensors right by the windows that detect air pressure (i think), so they go off when the wind blows on the windows.

Turn off your car, press the little button that will be on the pillar between the front and back door, right about at your butt level, get out, and lock it. It will disable those sensors and wont set off your alarm. [up]

rzapitt
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
thanks alot...

keeganhartman
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
in car motion sensors and pushing the button is single use. it goes back to active next time it's locked ...

tomustang
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
You can pull the alarm fuse, might work

projectdarka4
06-26-2007, 08:51 PM
I also have this problem, and it drives me insane!!! is there a way to permanently fix this?

DND
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I figured this one out the hard way too.
But, you should be aware that if you deactivate the internal motion sensors your alarm will not go off when it should if someone reaches into the car without opening a door...

You can leave your sunroof tipped up with the cover pulled closed and it shouldn't go off, it won't cool as much as the windows cracked but it's better than nothing, at least some of the heat can escape through the vents at the front of the cover.

aytheory
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
If you have a moon roof you can just crack that open by pushing the switch up - i do that instead of pulling those hard to get pillars off and risk cracking them - those things peel like butter.