PDA

View Full Version : went to the track

seatown88
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
i went to pacific raceways in kent, washington for the proforrmance racing school there. what a great program that they have there. early in the morning we did little excersices to enhance our skills and practice our reactions for accident avoidance. these excercises included slalom for high vision, abs threshold braking then they put an object in there to avoid, emergency lane change incase an object is all of a sudden infornt of you and finally braking around a turn. these were great excercises for everyday driving but i went to the racing school for high performance driving and that was about what we were gonna do.
the instructor first slowly took us around the track to show us the line and braking points. then they handed the keys back to us and we drove slowly around the track just to get a feel for the track. we took lunch and watched the faster cars hot lap, then it was our turn. i drove the wheels off the car and enjoyedd evvery minute of it wow. just to be flat out around turn 1 and then slam on the brakes to slow down for turn 2 and all the forces you felt from 3a to 3b down to 4, wow that was incrdible. after all was done, im beat, the car is beat and asking for new brakes and new brake fluid. what a great day.[drive] [race]

fr3nz33
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
sounds like you had fun!

AudiSport12
06-20-2007, 02:14 PM
sounds like a blast. im looking to do something like that up at Road Atlanta once i get the money to do it

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-20-2007, 05:40 PM
the thread is worthless without vids...

seatown88
06-20-2007, 06:51 PM
i did have a blast, sorry i dont have any videos, but i plan on going back and ill make sure to have a video camera in the car.
audisport12- def. do a program at a track, worth ever cent of it, its a great experience and a great way to get involved in road racing