PDA

View Full Version : Clicking/buzzing noise after changing my 2 front bearing...Please help !!!!

papasito
06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I just change on saturday my 2 front bearings, discs ( brembo ) pads (PBR) on my 2000 1.8T. The sound ( clicking/buzzing ) seem to come from the driver side only when coasting on a bumpy road, its a relatively quiet noise and I can only hear it with the windows down and the radio off from inside the car, except at a certain speed or something, when it gets louder. It really makes it hard to pinpoint. I called my mechanics and he said to passby later on... but hes charging me 25$ only the put it back on the lift to verify where the noise is coming from...... The thing that bother me its that before changing them i didnt have that noise but i had the AIrplane noise ( WOOO, WOOO, WOOO ) bad bearing noise and since i didnt witch one to change i decided to change both.....[headbang] Help please !!!!

onemoremile
06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Does the noise go away when the brakes are applied?

papasito
06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Does the noise go away when the brakes are applied?
Yes it goes away !!!!! Im soo pissed......

onemoremile
06-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Pull the pads out and apply brake pad paste to the backs. It helps keep them stuck to the piston so they don't rattle around. Simple fix. Also check to make sure that the clips are all in place. One out of position may be rubbing on something.

papasito
06-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Pull the pads out and apply brake pad paste to the backs. It helps keep them stuck to the piston so they don't rattle around. Simple fix. Also check to make sure that the clips are all in place. One out of position may be rubbing on something.
Sounds good, i will tell my mechanic if he could do so later on. I really appreciate yur time and help Thx buddy !!!!

papasito
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Found the problem !!! faulty clips !!!! Changed them....rattle noise is gone !!!![up]

onemoremile
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Nice work.