PDA

View Full Version : N75 Valve - How many volts?

ct1.8t4me
06-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I am working on something and I need to know how many volts the N75 valve operates with - 5V? 12V?

Does anyone have any idea?

ct1.8t4me
06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Maybe if I elaborate on my project someone will chime in [;)]

What I am trying to do is make a cheap electronic boost controller of sorts. My goal is to have an RPM or PSI activated switch open a second N75 valve to a regulated bleed. This would allow the turbo to continue spooling in high RPM or high boost situations.

Right now I have a 0-30 PSI pressure regulator inserted into the Turbo -> N75 line with a T fitting. It bleeds a certain amount of pressure off to atmosphere. This has given me quicker spooling in lower RPMs and about 3 PSI more on the top end.

The problem with this setup is that it is a double edged sword. If I open the regulator up to allow more pressure on the top, it also opens up the bottom and makes for pretty crappy drivability. I will hit the nDBW hard fuel cut in low RPMs if I don't take it really easy with the throttle. This sucks in a situation where you HAVE to get out of the way and don't have time to think about how you are going to feather the throttle. So the way it is adjusted right now is fine. I never hit the fuel cut, I've got more oomph down low, and a couple more PSI in the top - but I want more on the top.

K03 efficiency aside, chip manufacturer fanboyism aside, I want to get 20-23 PSI out of this thing and I think with the second N75 in the loop I can do it.

The idea is that when I hit a certain RPM or PSI, the second N75 will open up and bleed a little more off the wastegate. Worst case, and probably for initial testing, I will actually have it run to a manual button - ala K.I.T. 2000 "Turbo Boost" button.

So back to my original question - does the N75 run off of 12V or 5V or something else?