PDA

View Full Version : Avant taillights...how do i get to them to change the bulbs?

Ben@SpeedBarn
07-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Also i have an 01.5...what steps are there to the dual foglight mod for that car?

Thanks.

O It's an s4 but figured it would be the same as the a4

Zodiak
07-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I don't own an Avant but I assume it's not much different than the sedan. on the passenger side there should be 3 or 4 tabs at the back of the tail light in the trunk, twist them a little and pull the cover off. then take off the bulb holder and switch whichever bulb you need to change. To do the dual rear fog remove the 4 nuts holding the tail lamp in (10mm deep socket IIRC) then just pull the light out and drill/dremel out the blocked hole in the top.

Ben@SpeedBarn
07-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Yeah that is how my sedan was...not the avant though. Hopefully the fog mod will be the same.

A4_Andre
07-11-2004, 09:43 AM
just want to say grats. i didnt know u got the S4 avant.

Ben@SpeedBarn
07-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Yep last saturday. I love her. But it's still hard parting with the a4. I was cleanin her all up to show some ppl that wanted to buy her and was remembering all the times we spent together...modding...driving....I almost cried.

blacka4
07-11-2004, 11:10 AM
i love her too....haha even though shes yours...shes a wonderful piece of german engineering

4ingDrive
07-11-2004, 07:49 PM
The avant tailights are held in with 10mm bolts as well. Mine came out pretty easy. First you have to pull the jack out to make some more room. I used and airsaw and a rattail file and it took a hole 5 minutes.

Ben@SpeedBarn
07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Sweet i'll pull the jack out and take a look! I really didn't want to have to pull the carpet out or anything.

Another question. Has anyone ever seen pics of the sub in the avant. I would like to see what it looks like but don't want to rip the trunk apart.