PDA

View Full Version : help oil light keeps coming on

d_maniac
06-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I recently got a oil change and did a seafoam. What else could be causing the oil light to start flashing???

It starts flashing after about 30 mins to an hour of driving stop and go. Vaged the car and no codes except for my cat(I have testpipe)

AMfan27
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Did you do the seafoam after or before you changed the oil?

quattro16
06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Drop the oil pan and change out that oil pickup before your engine blows.

seatown88
06-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Drop the oil pan and change out that oil pickup before your engine blows.

+1, its the only way to fix the low oil pressure problem, i tried seafoam, oil treatment, higher weight oil, and autoRx, the only thing that fixed it was cleaning the oil pump pickup screen. drop the pan and clean it

GERMAN A4
06-16-2007, 06:16 AM
To clean out the oil pickup do you have to drop the subframe?

chimchongdlight
06-16-2007, 08:34 AM
hey in my car, i don t know about the oil light, but when i start my car, it says services oil, and it keeps blinking untill maybe couple mins of driving, i checked the oil, and its full, what do u think the problem is

d_maniac
06-16-2007, 08:56 AM
seafoamed the car before the oil change, so a new oil pump would solve my problem??

seatown88
06-16-2007, 10:56 AM
To clean out the oil pickup do you have to drop the subframe?

yes you have to lower the front of the subframe to be ablt to get both the pan out and then the oil pump.

seatown88
06-16-2007, 11:00 AM
seafoamed the car before the oil change, so a new oil pump would solve my problem??

either a new pump, or cleaning out the screen really well. i would go with a new pump though

hey in my car, i don t know about the oil light, but when i start my car, it says services oil, and it keeps blinking untill maybe couple mins of driving, i checked the oil, and its full, what do u think the problem is

thats just a reminder to get your oil changed, you can get rid of it with a vag-com if you dont, dont worry about it

Matt@JHM
06-16-2007, 12:32 PM
thats just a reminder to get your oil changed, you can get rid of it with a vag-com if you dont, dont worry about it

Or do this, http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec26.shtml.