PDA

View Full Version : Window won't roll up, just goes up 1" and comes back down...

Ewok_Fetus
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
My window for the past week was getting really slow and today it finally started to go up and then down a few inches... Is this the motor? I dont' think it is the regulator because I don't hear the usual snapping with it, anyone else have this experience?! I can roll it up if I assist it too...

Wilco
06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Hmmm, it could just be the pinch protection reacting to some resistance (maybe something is lodged in the track?).

MikekiM
06-13-2007, 04:28 PM
probably the regulator. It's probably slightly cracked, and just binding enough to make it tougher to slide correctly.

Calabria
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
proly the motor. i sorta have the same problem. my window goes down perfect, but most of the time it cant go up or it only rolls up 1/3 or less of the way and goes back down. if its like that, its more likely the window motor is going.

3 bar
06-13-2007, 06:33 PM
proly the motor. i sorta have the same problem. my window goes down perfect, but most of the time it cant go up or it only rolls up 1/3 or less of the way and goes back down. if its like that, its more likely the window motor is going.

I had the same problem but found out it was the regulator. Noticed part of the guide was broken (Green plastic piece) causing it to bind.