PDA

View Full Version : doorhandle plastic eaten away by... bugspray?

loustylez
06-13-2007, 11:38 AM
i gave myself a good spray of bugspray before i went out to ride the mountain bike the other day, did so, and washed my car on the way home at the car wash. getting out, i noticed that down by my right leg where it rests against the center console on the side/edge, it was kinda grimy and dirty. i figured i'd wipe it off when i got home, no big deal.

so later last night i notice my door handle is like, peeling? it had a few nicks and scratches in it before from rings on figers or who knows, but now you can see little specks peeling away and kind of bubbling up. scratch it, and it'll peel the coating off. doesn't look so bad, but i seriously think the bug spray eats away at this plastic for some reason, because that's right where my other leg rests. sweaty bug spray....

so i guess, just a heads up. bug spray may be the culprit here and if so, it eats away at that plastic door handle stuff and the center console stuff too because i wiped that down and it's still textured slightly differently and i don't think there's necessarily any"thing" on it.

Lazer Viking
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
no wonder bugs dont like it

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
no they all peel
mine looks like shit...

loustylez
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
no they all peel
mine looks like shit...

naw i'm tellin you man. there was a few nicks there from before, but magically it just bubbled up all over the place on it, that's gotta be either sweat or bug spray, and i didn't used to use bugspray and it never did it so... that's gotta be it.

someone else who i mentioned this to said they've ruined a friends finish on their console on a boat with aerosole sun screen, so maybe it's something in that.

just be careful if you give a shit about yur car, that's all i'm sayin.