PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my Crankcase breather

akielb
06-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey - got my crankcase breather and other parts in the mail last night. Here is what my old crankcase breather looked like
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/akielb/IMG_5316.jpg?t=1181707660

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-13-2007, 08:11 AM
same thing happened to mine.
caused my car to shut off every second

kjgarreau
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Ordering parts to do mine this weekend. Bleh, that's nasty.

94jedi
06-13-2007, 09:07 AM
same thing with mine, I need to replace it asap.... the car smells like shit.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-13-2007, 09:09 AM
i have an extra set:
$75 shipped...
it's the crankcase tube
the Tee
and the nipple the goes into the tee.
Let me know before i return it this weekend.

akielb
06-13-2007, 09:15 AM
If I did it again, I would definitely look at removing the intake manifold first. its a major PITA to get your hands in there. the biggest thing is getting the old T fitting of the metal tube going to the pancake valve(I just cut then rubber and took it off) and putting the new on on it.

If your going to do it without removing the intake - just move the coolant reservoir and remove the TBB (throttle body boot) and you can get in there.

Good luck

94jedi
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
i have an extra set:
$75 shipped...
it's the crankcase tube
the Tee
and the nipple the goes into the tee.
Let me know before i return it this weekend.

Thanks bud, I bought the parts from tony some time ago, just haven't gotten my lazy ass in gear to do it. Let me check when I get home and I'll let you know via pm.

94jedi
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
If I did it again, I would definitely look at removing the intake manifold first. its a major PITA to get your hands in there. the biggest thing is getting the old T fitting of the metal tube going to the pancake valve(I just cut then rubber and took it off) and putting the new on on it.

If your going to do it without removing the intake - just move the coolant reservoir and remove the TBB (throttle body boot) and you can get in there.

Good luck

Thanks for the tips!!!

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
It's all good I going to get a full refund from Audi on Saturday.
P.s.
remember to check that you have plugged back in all the sensors when your done.
I have to connect back my oil temp sender wire when i get back from the dealer...
roar...

akielb
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
for anyone that doesn't know about this look HERE (http://www.scottweese.com/images/pcv/pcv.html) for a write-up on how to remove everything.

For cheaper parts plug all the part #'s in HERE (http://www.autopartsnationwide.com/defaults.asp) - it a little cheaper than ECS

One more pointer - let your car cool down for a few hours before you try this - there are some hot coolant pipes and the manifold will be hot.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Autopartsnationwide takes 10 days (6 - 8 business days) for the parts to be delivered for $15...
And you have to pay more to have it expidited.

So the money you save means long waiting...

darth tater
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
if your breather is that bad you really may want to pull the valve cover and see how much sludge you have. And also change your oil cooler and filter housing.

There is also a good change your oil pump pickup is getting clogged with debris from that.

akielb
06-13-2007, 01:04 PM
[:(] - dammit, didn't want to hear that!!!![headbang]