PDA

View Full Version : Door Locking Mechanism Problem

NieFolgen
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
A short while back, my rear driver side door locked and won't unlock. I cannot open the door to take the panel off and the lock cannot be pulled up. I figure I'm shit out of luck, but I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar problem or had any suggestions? It's just an annoying inconvienence that I'd like to fix if I can.

Durkin
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Granted this wasn't on an a4... but a few years ago when I had a Ford contour sport, my rear passenger door had closed and wouldn't open, wouldn't unlock or anything... I had to cut the Door pannel and manually unlock it.
What had happened was the child lock had broken and automatically locked the door, and you couldn't open it *yay ford*... so I just bought a new panel, don't remember if i replaced the child lock or not...

I actually dont know if a4's even have child locks?... but thats what happened to me, might just be the locking mechanism...

You could price out a door panel and then cut yours, then see where that takes you, but i'd look for other options first, since i'm not that experianced with audi's yet...

Hope this helps..

NieFolgen
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hmmm. . . I know that the A4's do have child locks. I think i may just have to deal with it. It's just annoying to not be able to open that door. Thanks though.

Jeff
06-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Our locking system is vacuum operated. And a crack in the line could prevent the locking mechanism from working properly. Another problem would be the locking solenoid itself.