PDA

View Full Version : Help! H&R mystery

owdeee
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I know this isnt the suspension forum but I need a quick bit of help. The H&R coilovers that I bought from a member here came with only 3 nuts for the top of the struts. The 4th nut was the wrong size. The car was supposed to get dropped today but they cant do it without the last nut. So I either need someone who has a spare or knows what the dimensions of the nut are so I can go to the hardware store or something. I know that its a grade 8 nylon locking nut. But thats about all I know. HELP!!

AudiTurrbo19
06-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Just go to the shop and grab one that you already have and take it with you to the hardware store and they will match it up for you [rolleyes]

speedydragon
06-12-2007, 12:24 AM
ask the member you bought it from.

owdeee
06-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Just go to the shop and grab one that you already have and take it with you to the hardware store and they will match it up for you [rolleyes]

The shop is nowhere near my house. [rolleyes]

eurospeed94
06-12-2007, 07:24 AM
not to be a dick but...come one man. just take one with you or have the shop do it...its not that hard.

owdeee
06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
not to be a dick but...come one man. just take one with you or have the shop do it...its not that hard.

Ok so you obviously dont know the size of the nut, so you have not helped. I was trying to get the size so that I could take a nut up to the shop while they had the car. They arent going to go running around to hardware stores trying to find a nut for me . I can take the whole thing to the store and match it up. Then I get to make another appointment which I was going to try and avoid if I could. Why is it so hard for people to either help or say nothing.

eurospeed94
06-12-2007, 08:19 AM
dude, for just a second think about this..... your suspension came with 3 out of the 4 nuts, correct? so obviously the car is not together completely and you're obviously driving something else and the audi is obviously sitting at the shop....now in all common sense and honesty. You take the 2 minutes it requires to find the right size tool, loosen one of the 3, place it slowly in to your pocket (first check for any holes because if you lost it and had to buy 2...it may be an extra 59 cents)now after placing it in your pocket, gradually walk out to your other driver, open the door, check for people with axes in your back seat, drive the car to the hardware store, check for change under the seat, match them up....(if this can't be done on your own im sure the trusty old man in the vest will be able to) now once you've done that you can take the 2 quarters you grabbed from under the seat of your car, check out, haul ass back to the body shop because the excitement is killing you, get out of your car, run(dont trip wouldnt want to loose them) slowly grab the tool, tighten both on...and WuaaLaah.

if theres some other part to this mind boggling story please insert it because from what you've told us....it doesn't seem to hard.

pickrice
06-12-2007, 08:27 AM
lol

owdeee
06-12-2007, 08:56 AM
dude, for just a second think about this..... your suspension came with 3 out of the 4 nuts, correct? so obviously the car is not together completely and you're obviously driving something else and the audi is obviously sitting at the shop....now in all common sense and honesty. You take the 2 minutes it requires to find the right size tool, loosen one of the 3, place it slowly in to your pocket (first check for any holes because if you lost it and had to buy 2...it may be an extra 59 cents)now after placing it in your pocket, gradually walk out to your other driver, open the door, check for people with axes in your back seat, drive the car to the hardware store, check for change under the seat, match them up....(if this can't be done on your own im sure the trusty old man in the vest will be able to) now once you've done that you can take the 2 quarters you grabbed from under the seat of your car, check out, haul ass back to the body shop because the excitement is killing you, get out of your car, run(dont trip wouldnt want to loose them) slowly grab the tool, tighten both on...and WuaaLaah.

if theres some other part to this mind boggling story please insert it because from what you've told us....it doesn't seem to hard.

I guess you missed the part where I said.

1. The shop is not near my house

2. I wanted to see if anyone knew the size (so I didnt have to go all the way up to the shop to get the nut)

3. I was also asking if anyone had a spare.

What are you not understanding.

All it would have taken is if someone knew them saying "here's the specs" or "nope sorry I dont know"

100,000 sperm and you were the winner?? [rolleyes]

owdeee
06-12-2007, 09:01 AM
just take one with you or have the shop do it...its not that hard.

Maybe up in horseheads NY the mechanics will run around to different hardware stores trying to find parts for you but where I'm from they tell you to come back when you have all the parts.

brlukosk
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Nut should be the same size as stock.

shouldered hex. nut, self-locking
M12X1,5 /
7N 10294901 (javascript:;)

Worth a try..

pfa65
06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I also believe the nut is the same as a stock one. I installed my H&R coils on saturday and compared... Hit up the dealer. good luck

owdeee
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys