PDA

View Full Version : My next performance mod? | what should i get ?

Rico750
06-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Ok. I got the Giac chip with the upgraded diverter valve. I Got the TP and the green coolant sensor. I got me a K&N inlay. As prophecied here on the forum, your gonna be happ for a while but then you want more power.. What do you think should be my next performance upgrade to get more power?

- bigger turbo ?
- intake manifold?
- injectors ? would this do something without other fuel upgrades?
- something else?

sean1.8t
06-10-2007, 11:20 PM
the search mod.. obviously you need to do more of it

sixfiveoh
06-10-2007, 11:22 PM
PWND.

lol

sean1.8t
06-10-2007, 11:28 PM
not trying to be a dick or anything. i was where you were once, we all were..

but i just notice a lot of threads lately by you where most, and pretty much all, of them could have been avoided by searching. and i could easily prove all of those options are bad ideas at this point

Rico750
06-10-2007, 11:34 PM
im glad your not trying to be a dick :) Cause thats not cool.
I tried keywords in the search options.. but i dont know the right key word combo to get the awnser to this specific question. Forgive me.
Rico

sean1.8t
06-10-2007, 11:48 PM
well, first off, read the entire FAQ sticky at the top of the page. it will have a lot if good info in there..

second, when i search i use usually one or sometimes two words in the keywords box. and i check 'seach in title only' in the dialog box. then the B5 and sometimes B6 sections..

so if i was looking for info on exhaust, then that is what i would put into the search. intake manifold, exhaust manifold, injectors, and so on..

then spend a lot of time reading what you find. i've spent days reading the archives here. a lot of good info..

do filter your performance searches down to like a year or so though.. a lot has changed in the aftermarket for these cars. but anything else, feel free to search back to the beginning

phoneyman
06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty much at the same place you are car-wise. my next mod for this summer is going to be some weight loss treatment. I cant afford to go bigger turbo so weight loss is the next best thing.
If you can afford it I would definitely go bigger turbo. check www.goapr.com for stage three and three+ turbo kits or www.awe-tuning.com for the K04 turbo kit

Rico750
06-11-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm pretty much at the same place you are car-wise. my next mod for this summer is going to be some weight loss treatment. I cant afford to go bigger turbo so weight loss is the next best thing.
If you can afford it I would definitely go bigger turbo. check www.goapr.com for stage three and three+ turbo kits or www.awe-tuning.com for the K04 turbo kit

Thanks to the both of you. Me too ive done a lot of reading allready here. (probably days) im in a job where i can even read at work :)
anywayz.. yes te turbo sound slike a nice plan.. but it will come with bunches of new hoses too i saw.. so that can become pretty involved financially.
The weight thing might be not a bad idea. I had a 200 pound big toolbox in the back.. when that thing came out the other day togetter iallready notest it! :)
I saw a silicone intake hose for the turbo.. that was not to expensive.. that might be my next bet.. and an S4 shifting knob :)

Kyle H
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
It really depends on how much money you want to spend, and what your short term//long term plans are for the car. At the point you're at right now, I would focus on suspension and wheels and tires, but that may not be where you want to go with your car.

Maybe look into a custom 2.5" exhaust, or even the Techtonics tuning (i think thats who makes it) Borla exhaust if you don't want to mess with getting one made.

MikeWasHere05
06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
I saw a silicone intake hose for the turbo.. that was not to expensive.. that might be my next bet..
I don't think those really do anything for the K03s. The bigger turbo guys use them because the stock ones get crushed from the vacuum created by their beasts [down]

Kyle H
06-11-2007, 08:32 AM
It seems like you're looking for cheap things that will make it quicker/drive better. Look into the JHM solid short shifter, PureMS snub mount, 034 motor mounts, 034 passenger side tranny mount, and purems drivers side tranny mount.

The short shifter is ~$200, and all of those mounts should be a little more than that together. I have just the snub mount on my A4 and it made a huuuuuuge difference.

killa
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Have you looked into a BFSMIC?[hail]
[:D]

Kyle H
06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Have you looked into a BFSMIC?[hail]
[:D]

BFSMIC.....

Big F-ing side mount intercooler?

killa
06-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, BF! SMIC, or Big F SMIC
http://boostfactory.net/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=77

Kyle H
06-11-2007, 09:35 AM
hahaha, oohhhh boost factory. I see. [:)]

projectdarka4
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
as far as performance, i would relax unless u have low milage... get some things that have to do with driving... suspsension, wheels, exhaust even... And as far as the short shifter goes, get a diesel geek short shifter. i just did mine saturday and i absolutely love it.. and this is all coming from a 17 year old

Kyle H
06-11-2007, 11:01 AM
There is one guy on here or audiforums, he's at 170,000+ miles and is BT. As long as you keep up the maintenance, there is no problem doing more engine stuff.

SoFresh
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
save your money and just buy a faster car....

Rico750
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
It really depends on how much money you want to spend, and what your short term//long term plans are for the car. At the point you're at right now, I would focus on suspension and wheels and tires, but that may not be where you want to go with your car.

Maybe look into a custom 2.5" exhaust, or even the Techtonics tuning (i think thats who makes it) Borla exhaust if you don't want to mess with getting one made.

I think thats a great idea! I have to find out what my mechanic would charge me to replace the springs and shocks.. i guess should be a couple of hours of work on a quattro. I understand that just changing the springs will not last long.. so i saw this combo of springs and shocks for a bout $800. 1.25 inch or so. That might be not a bad idea.. and maybe getting the 18" S4/RS4 rims.. from there then (ib manty months from now .. the spoilers on the front and back and the skirts :)

exhaust also not a bad idea... let me sleep about that for a night :)

winston@podi.ca
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Stasis 4:1 differential

One of the best mods for the money.

brlukosk
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I think thats a great idea! I have to find out what my mechanic would charge me to replace the springs and shocks.. i guess should be a couple of hours of work on a quattro. I understand that just changing the springs will not last long.. so i saw this combo of springs and shocks for a bout $800. 1.25 inch or so. That might be not a bad idea.. and maybe getting the 18" S4/RS4 rims.. from there then (ib manty months from now .. the spoilers on the front and back and the skirts :)

exhaust also not a bad idea... let me sleep about that for a night :)

All depends on your cash flow and what your going for.

Show or go?

Maybe a little of both?

Suspension is key on these cars. Upgrading your brakes is also an option. You could go BBK ($$$) or maybe an A8 upgrade. SS Lines, fluid and some good pads are also worthwhile on stock-sized rotors if your broke like me. As for exhaust, if your not going BT just get a cat back system, maybe a custom magnaflow?

Just look around at some threads. I work at a place where we are "not supposed" to be browsing the web but somehow I spend at least 2 hours a day just reading. [headbang]

Tiluleshpingen
06-12-2007, 12:44 AM
There is one guy on here or audiforums, he's at 170,000+ miles and is BT. As long as you keep up the maintenance, there is no problem doing more engine stuff.

not only 1, manyy...... many more .[up]

Tiluleshpingen
06-12-2007, 12:46 AM
save your money and just buy a faster car....

you can tell he gave up on his A4... hint hint hint "siggie siggie"

Tiluleshpingen
06-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Ok. I got the Giac chip with the upgraded diverter valve. I Got the TP and the green coolant sensor. I got me a K&N inlay. As prophecied here on the forum, your gonna be happ for a while but then you want more power.. What do you think should be my next performance upgrade to get more power?

- bigger turbo ?
- intake manifold?
- injectors ? would this do something without other fuel upgrades?
- something else?

NON of them.

Suspention,exhaust, tint and brakes
ps; have you done, or know when is ur Timing belt due