PDA

View Full Version : Carbonio CF CAI

sixfiveoh
06-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Anybody have any experience with it? I searched, but the threads were all pretty old, anyone have anything to contribute? How is the sound, is it nice and deep? Can you hear the turbo spool? The stock DV? I know the gains aren't too noticeable at all, but I really like the way it looks and hopefully it will add a little growl to the motor.

97audia4
06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
if you get intake, you are going to have to upgrade the dv, the stock ones are a piece of shit

tontod
06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I have the Carbonio CAI and I like it. I can hear the turbo spool and the whoosh of the air.

sixfiveoh
06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I have the Carbonio CAI and I like it. I can hear the turbo spool and the whoosh of the air.

Wouldn't happen to have any sound clips, would you? [:D]

tontod
06-10-2007, 04:11 PM
No, I dont, if I get a chance to take one, I'll post it.

ct1.8t4me
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
if you get intake, you are going to have to upgrade the dv, the stock ones are a piece of shit

One has nothing to do with the other...

You should probably upgrade the DV to a 710N or better if you get your car CHIPPED, but it really has nothing to do with the intake.

You will hear your DV, whether it is stock, 710N, or something else, a LOT MORE if you use an open intake.

sixfiveoh
06-10-2007, 04:56 PM
One has nothing to do with the other...

You should probably upgrade the DV to a 710N or better if you get your car CHIPPED, but it really has nothing to do with the intake.

You will hear your DV, whether it is stock, 710N, or something else, a LOT MORE if you use an open intake.

Open intake as opposed to the box which the carbonio is?

SurferForever
06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
i have a carbonio with a forge 007 and my diverter valve is pleanty loud. my friend drove my car around a parking lot the other day and it sounded like a bov, which i dont really like. i am also chipped and n75H valve so i am hitting like 21 psi but still. when i put it on with the stock dv without the chip i def heard it then too, just not as loud. Def a deeper engine sound. Can here the turbo sucking in air nice and loud and def hear the spool. if you really wanna hear a nice spool then get a different exhaust and a test pipe/high flow cat will improve it even more

tonelee1316
06-10-2007, 07:09 PM

i did to but took it out

sixfiveoh
06-10-2007, 07:18 PM
i have a carbonio with a forge 007 and my diverter valve is pleanty loud. my friend drove my car around a parking lot the other day and it sounded like a bov, which i dont really like. i am also chipped and n75H valve so i am hitting like 21 psi but still. when i put it on with the stock dv without the chip i def heard it then too, just not as loud. Def a deeper engine sound. Can here the turbo sucking in air nice and loud and def hear the spool. if you really wanna hear a nice spool then get a different exhaust and a test pipe/high flow cat will improve it even more

Ooh, now I'm all excited [:p]

i did to but took it out

How come?

Rich
06-11-2007, 12:59 AM
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40166

speedydragon
06-11-2007, 02:50 AM
yo where in 650 do you live? anyways about the carbonio, if you plan on ordering one, plan on waiting for a month or 2, so far i've been waiting for 6weeks, and hoping it'll come in 2 weeks :|