PDA

View Full Version : $3,300 mechanic bill! ...I love Audi's

o0o0
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I broke my timing belt going 40mph. Labor and head parts totaled $3,300 with tax!! Took it to the shop took the head off bent all the exhaust valves. Sent head to get rebuilt, doing the whole timing belt, water pump, light crank pulley from ECS, APR Snub, all new gaskets, Stage 4 Southbend clutch, APR gt28r turbo kit, all new belts, brakes all around, FMIC w/NOS, snow stage 2 methanol injection, full fuel system with external pump.......

ill keep everyone posted when it comes out Tuesday...

ct1.8t4me
06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
That's pretty sick - it will be a completely different car when you get it back.

0000_a4
06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
How many miles did you have when the timing belt broke?

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
is that a wish list or did you order those parts as yet?

onemoremile
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
That sounds like quite a bit of work. It should be very nice when done. FWIW, I installed the ECS pulley a month ago and didn't notice any difference in power or how the car revs. I was hoping to rev match easier but that didn't happen. I'll be putting the stock pulley back on at some point.

HIERLEVELZ
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Im curious to know as well.

Beemer832
06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
almost bit the bullet on that pulley, than the guy at ECS was like yea it just weighs less, shouldnt be any more performance gains. Good thing I didn waste my money on that

JOsh

darth tater
06-08-2007, 11:09 AM
was it 3300 for just the repair of the head and labor or including installing all that other stuff.

Thats a little steep for a repair on that head, you could have gotten a reman from the dealer for less then half that price.. wonder what they are charging for the cost of rebuilding it alone.

But even then the price realy has little to do with Audi.. it just costs alot to snap a timing belt on any car with an interference head.

b00st
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
That sounds like quite a bit of work. It should be very nice when done. FWIW, I installed the ECS pulley a month ago and didn't notice any difference in power or how the car revs. I was hoping to rev match easier but that didn't happen. I'll be putting the stock pulley back on at some point.

good info...i was thinking about pulling the trigger on one. not any more.

akielb
06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
#1 WTF are you thinking putting all the $$$ into your car for - ruff estimate your talking about putting $10k+ into your car(including rebuild and install). should have just got an S4.

A4Rob
06-08-2007, 11:29 AM
#1 WTF are you thinking putting all the $$$ into your car for - ruff estimate your talking about putting $10k+ into your car(including rebuild and install). should have just got an S4.

[rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Well I don't want to speak for him, but consider this:
lower insurance on a A4
More power options for cheaper
weight
cheaper to maintain

want me to keep going?[race]

killa
06-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I broke my timing belt going 40mph. Labor and head parts totaled $3,300 with tax!! Took it to the shop took the head off bent all the exhaust valves. Sent head to get rebuilt, doing the whole timing belt, water pump, light crank pulley from ECS, APR Snub, all new gaskets, Stage 4 Southbend clutch, APR gt28r turbo kit, all new belts, brakes all around, FMIC w/NOS, snow stage 2 methanol injection, full fuel system with external pump.......

Too bad i dont have any space right now, but i'll see you at the dyno if you still wanna roll[up]

o0o0
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM

It has 112K

o0o0
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
is that a wish list or did you order those parts as yet?

Everything Is ready to be installed...What was once a wish list is now a reality

o0o0
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM
was it 3300 for just the repair of the head and labor or including installing all that other stuff.

Thats a little steep for a repair on that head, you could have gotten a reman from the dealer for less then half that price.. wonder what they are charging for the cost of rebuilding it alone.

But even then the price realy has little to do with Audi.. it just costs alot to snap a timing belt on any car with an interference head.

The price is for labor and installing everything. The head was $700 to rebuild at the machine shop

o0o0
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM

I didnt have a need to spill the details..but with a post like this here it goes....

the shop my car was in was broen into and they stripped my audio system....the shops insurance is covering it and I will be re-imbursed the amount I provided along with receipts of what I had....total came to $8,600

so in essence my car is being repaired for nothing

o0o0
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Too bad i dont have any space right now, but i'll see you at the dyno if you still wanna roll[up]

ill see u at 1320 as soon as this shit is back on the road

akielb
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I didnt have a need to spill the details..but with a post like this here it goes....

the shop my car was in was broen into and they stripped my audio system....the shops insurance is covering it and I will be re-imbursed the amount I provided along with receipts of what I had....total came to $8,600

so in essence my car is being repaired for nothing

Thats fucking sweet - Now that you put it that way, I'll just move over into the slow lane and STFU

darth tater
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
The price is for labor and installing everything. The head was $700 to rebuild at the machine shop

cool good deal then

audiness
06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
head work is not cheap

o0o0
06-09-2007, 02:13 AM

..I have the following for sale at CHEAP prices e-mail me if interested..

20"x 8.5 112 offset Niche Venice Back w/ Chrome Lip
5 brand new Nitto Tires
Eibach Pro Kit Back Srings from a 2001 B5 A4..Also works with B5 S4
OEM K03 Turbo Kit-Manifold, Cat, and Turbo