PDA

View Full Version : What Vag Com code for DIS to work?

A4 TSCHUSS
06-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I looked on navplus but their codes sticky is just confusing me. What do I need to do to make my navi work on my DIS.

I have 2003 1.8t with Bose if you need to know that, and no extras at the time being (BT, tv, etc.) just navi and want it to work on the display.

I went to instruments and changed channel 62 from 17 to 21 and drove around a few different times but it isn't working. I switched through the displays on my stock but cant get anything to come up. I put a route in and it was a no go. I read that it sometimes takes time for it to start working so I am hopeing that is all it is.

A4 TSCHUSS
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
another day and it still doesn't work. All I needed to do is change that code no [confused] Then I just hit the reset button on the bottom of the stock to flip through the displays on the DIS right? I tried this and it just goes through user 1, user 2 and then off. And I have tried flipping through while having the navigation screen on the RNS-E going and also with a route going. I also have the compass check clicked in the setup option of the RNS-E, didn't notice anthing different with that on though.

O yeah, and where the hell is everybody????? is this one of the useless AZ forums or what? Guess i'll just be in here talking to myself [:(]

topcat
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
i'm not sure of the code, but your MY falls with MY02 in the fact that once route guidance is active, you have to turn the rns-e off then back on. Nav info is then displayed int the DIS. you can then toggle between nav info and usual DIS info. Hope this works for you.

A4 TSCHUSS
06-08-2007, 07:49 PM
a little confused. So what you are saying is I have to set a destination and then turn off the nav and then back on and then resume the destination? That is pretty lame if that is indeed what needs to be done. And what is MY. I know alot about performance but I guess I am a noob when it comes to some of this electronics stuff.

A4 TSCHUSS
06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
ahh hell, it works when I start driving and then turn it off and back on. What kind of ghetto ass shit is that. This sucks!

topcat
06-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I know, but hey, it works. Was you A4 a 1.8 orginally? The RNS-E was, according to AoA not an option. It was only avail. on 3.0. Maybe there's some software coding blocking this to work properly. Fortunately, I read enough to know about it before I got my unit. What the heck, I'll just live it. I have future thoughts of putting in a color DIS. If I got one for the 3.0 or a newer year, I wonder it will work properly then?

German Driver
06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Instrument cluster/channel 62. +4 for adding navigation. Figure 21 for bicolor and 9 for color DIS

A4 TSCHUSS
06-11-2007, 05:46 PM
yes I put in code 21 from 17. Also just noticed my damn windows don't roll down anymore with the remote. Wonder if this code change affected it somehow [confused]

icon5585
06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Can you change those codes with a ghetto e-bay vagcom cable?

German Driver
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
yes I put in code 21 from 17. Also just noticed my damn windows don't roll down anymore with the remote. Wonder if this code change affected it somehow [confused]

They have nothing to do with channel 62. If battery was disconnected you will need to train the windows by putting them all down and up with interior driver controls. But otherwise no, this should not affect things.

German Driver
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Can you change those codes with a ghetto e-bay vagcom cable?

No idea on that one. Called you yesterday but didn't get through nor did I reach a vmail prompt.

A4 TSCHUSS
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah I got the windows to work today, very weird. Guess they just didn't feel like working the other day.

icon5585
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
No idea on that one. Called you yesterday but didn't get through nor did I reach a vmail prompt.

Huh... Didn't get a missed call prompt. And it definitely should have went to VM. Sorry bout that.