PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway bar.

DrFeelGood
06-07-2007, 05:38 AM
I have to gget a new rear sway bar and Right side control arm . What does the rear sawy do? Any good sites i should check? OEM or aftermarket?

SeanF
06-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Might as well go aftermarket on the swaybar.

a swaybar keeps both sides of the rear suspension connected, to keep the car flatter in the corners... helps alot with body roll... i had a neuspeed rear sway on my 1.8T, and liked it alot... i got it from SPP www.supremepowerparts.com

DrFeelGood
06-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Anti sway bar and sway bar are the same correct? As you can see i have no knowledge on cars just know what i want on it and know how to style it.

panix73
06-07-2007, 05:56 AM
What does the rear sawy do?

...keep the car from swaying. lol [;)]

H&R sway bars are the ones to go for and they can be had on tirerack.com, or or your best solution will be the classifieds.

SeanF
06-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Hotchkis H-Sports are the "cream of the crop" swaybars according to all the track guys...

h&r makes a front and rear kit, neuspeed makes a front and a rear bar, but most people who just get the rear get the neuspeed one...

Alan
06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
If you beef up only the rear swaybar, it will increase oversteer, wont it?

And if you increase front and rear, it just makes the car "flat" when it turns, right?

SeanF
06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
yes, it will increase oversteer... however, not so much that you will be sliding all over the place in the back... its still very neutral. well, it went well with my eibach pro-kit and bilsteins.

aytheory
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Addco sway if you are going to by nospeed sway - they are both 19mm and i think addco makes nospeed and they just rebrand it - addco cost 150 shipped from ebay or summit racing - nospeed cost 230 for that price might as well get a H-sport - cost 410 not including shipping for front and back. H-sport is 35mm front !!! and 22!! rear from titan motorsport - go with H-sport you won't regret it.

speedydragon
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
due to the amount of understeer in our cars, wouldn't a rear one just neutralize it? and installing front and rear just makes the car understeer again?