PDA

View Full Version : Wiring guys, help. EBC install questions.

Dietbudda
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Can someone help me with some wiring please? I need to find, for a 1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM with sympothany sound, cruise control. I need to know the wires for Speed and RPM coming of the ECM. I'm installing an AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller tomorrow and need to know these wires, thanks guys.

mike-2ptzero
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Speed and RPM you can get at the back of the cluster.

RPM should be in the far left plug and should be green with blue stripe or just solid green. This wire can also be found at the ECU.

Speedo(VSS), this is white with blue strip. Can be found at the back of the cluster, VSS is also found at the cruise control module behind the glove box.

Dietbudda
06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Sweet, hopfully all goes well and i can get this done in less then 6 hours

Jereme
06-06-2007, 06:11 AM
try to take some pics if you have a digi. just might help others in the future...

Dietbudda
06-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Ok guys, half way through and honestly, easier then thougt. Just refreshing the wring post so as to get it right. I'll have pics later tonight and a quick review.

Dietbudda
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Alright guys, it's in and tuned(ISH) running some nice solid safe boost numbers, feels much better and surprisingly easy to install. I will be taking some more pics tomorrow

I need to know what wire i would tap into for Throttle Postioning Sensor wire. Thanks guys.

BTW Mike, outstanding wireing skillz!!!

Rico750
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
good job man!

aaronamerica
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
sorry for the dumb question but what type boost controller is a AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller compared to any other ebc such as the greddy profec B spec 2

mike-2ptzero
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Alright guys, it's in and tuned(ISH) running some nice solid safe boost numbers, feels much better and surprisingly easy to install. I will be taking some more pics tomorrow

I need to know what wire i would tap into for Throttle Postioning Sensor wire. Thanks guys.

BTW Mike, outstanding wireing skillz!!!

Most likely going to be a TPS wire that increases or decreases in voltage.

Dietbudda
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Alright guys, i've been playing around with it for a few days now, havn't had TOO much time due to a CTS issue. Here's what i've found out so far.

I will try to get pictures tomorrow as the pictures i took yesterday, well, they suck and you can't see shit so i'm going to try and figure out the camrea tomrrow.

If you have any questions, hit me up.

Value readings

Speed option on our cars, not 100% accurate, with the correct value we get close, but not spot on.

RPM's however are spot on.

Boost readings from the 'included' gauge is VERY accurate and incredibly responasive.

Feel

Car feels 100x's smoother and comes in much quicker.

Setting [A]

I currently have it set up for 1.80 kg/cm^2 at a duty cycle of 67% wich rougly equates to a max PSI output of 25PSI.

Max PIS of 25 hits roughly 3500 rpm and HOLDS all the way 7000 firm. No jumps, surgeing or spiking.

Setting

Currently set at 1.30 KG/cm^2 at 67% duty cycle which comes in at about 20PSI

There is also an 'off' setting that runs at wastegate equal to 1Bar from what i can tell.

[B]Future settings

Once the new CTS is in and working, i will retry the rpm/gear dependant boost settings. My goal is 18psi in 1st and full force, 23 psi in 2nd and 28 full force all the way through.
I cam currently figuring out the whole gear boosting deal. I need to find the right duty cycle for each RPM and each gear. before the CTS died, i had it almost perfect. It was set to have full boost at 2700 in 1st, granted it didn't hit full boost untill 3300, it did however, boost 6 psi higher at 2700 then it did prior to the install

At first, all the screnes will scare the SHIT out of you. However at 30 mins i had most screnes figurd out and found it VERY easy to navigate.

I love all the monitoring features. The monitoring section has three screens, 1) RPM and Boost gauge 2) Numerical. 3) Graphical

For the last two selection you can choose from Boost, Speed, RPM, Throttle Angle, solinoid duty and injector pulse.

I love the three settings options, Wastegate, High and low boost.

Dislikes

A little painstaking to switch between settings, you need to back out of mointoring and then scroll one down to select the setting, however, it's pretty easy once you get it down.

I dislike that i didn't get it sooner.

mike-2ptzero
06-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Off setting should be what spring rate you have in the wg, the EBC motor just opens up and allows pressure to go straight thru to the wg actuator.

r1ashad
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Alright guys, i've been playing around with it for a few days now, havn't had TOO much time due to a CTS issue. Here's what i've found out so far.

I will try to get pictures tomorrow as the pictures i took yesterday, well, they suck and you can't see shit so i'm going to try and figure out the camrea tomrrow.

If you have any questions, hit me up.

Value readings

Speed option on our cars, not 100% accurate, with the correct value we get close, but not spot on.

RPM's however are spot on.

Boost readings from the 'included' gauge is VERY accurate and incredibly responasive.

Feel

Car feels 100x's smoother and comes in much quicker.

Setting [A]

I currently have it set up for 1.80 kg/cm^2 at a duty cycle of 67% wich rougly equates to a max PSI output of 25PSI.

Max PIS of 25 hits roughly 3500 rpm and HOLDS all the way 7000 firm. No jumps, surgeing or spiking.

Setting

Currently set at 1.30 KG/cm^2 at 67% duty cycle which comes in at about 20PSI

There is also an 'off' setting that runs at wastegate equal to 1Bar from what i can tell.

[B]Future settings

Once the new CTS is in and working, i will retry the rpm/gear dependant boost settings. My goal is 18psi in 1st and full force, 23 psi in 2nd and 28 full force all the way through.
I cam currently figuring out the whole gear boosting deal. I need to find the right duty cycle for each RPM and each gear. before the CTS died, i had it almost perfect. It was set to have full boost at 2700 in 1st, granted it didn't hit full boost untill 3300, it did however, boost 6 psi higher at 2700 then it did prior to the install

At first, all the screnes will scare the SHIT out of you. However at 30 mins i had most screnes figurd out and found it VERY easy to navigate.

I love all the monitoring features. The monitoring section has three screens, 1) RPM and Boost gauge 2) Numerical. 3) Graphical

For the last two selection you can choose from Boost, Speed, RPM, Throttle Angle, solinoid duty and injector pulse.

I love the three settings options, Wastegate, High and low boost.

Dislikes

A little painstaking to switch between settings, you need to back out of mointoring and then scroll one down to select the setting, however, it's pretty easy once you get it down.

I dislike that i didn't get it sooner.
I know this is really late, but what happened to the install pics?

Seerlah
02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
The OP has sold his vehicle a while ago and went with a RX7. More than likely, he won't update this thread.