PDA

View Full Version : they had to bring down a4s somehow

blkNJ a4
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
They had to bring town Quattro handling somehow. So god put potholes on nice sweeping turns. A few days ago my brother obsolutly got owned by a pot hole. The front driver side rims outer lip is completly done. i can fit my finger in the hole, and i have fat fingers! So we got these. the same rims that were on the car. just newer.

18' x 8.5' ASA AR1s

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n294/beans2858/000_0602.jpg

here is a pick of the same rims on the car. it is a crappy quality though.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n294/beans2858/Picture169.jpg

europshhrc279
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
looks nice..i hate pot holes too..needs a nice drop

blkNJ a4
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
thats funny because i was just going to make a new thread asking about a suspention but i didnt have a good pic of it from the side. lol

aytheory
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I hate the roads all over LA and the Inland Empire - LA is knowns for crappy kept roads because of heavy traffic and over weight car going on streets that were not made for that type of abuse. The worse is my city - instead of resurfacing the area to make the road flat - they just poor more asphalt on top of the shitty roads. Instead of fixing the problems - they just enhance them - the road on my street feels like I have gone off road. The Inland Empire just has pot holes and what not - because of the constant and never ending construction - messed up roads and a bunch of dust kicked up everywhere.

I feel you on the rim - one of my rim ran over some thing - and it punctured the rim - but not the tire. - cost like 130 to repair. I also chipped a big chunk - about 3 inches off the lip - before - and they were ace lola - they took a beating

blkNJ a4
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
man that stinks, im in north jersey and the roads arent that great but no were near as bad as a big city. It did puncture the tire. The lip when up and because it happend in wayne, NJ about 5 Miles from My town of Carlsatd we had to leave it there at night because the guy that sold us the car kept the tire iron! what a punk

aytheory
06-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't even change a spare on my tire if i wanted to - my aftermarket rims require a socket - which is slim - the tire iron provided in the emergency kit is all fat and stuff. So I have to keep a breaker in the trunk with a 17mm socket. It would be nice if i also kept a spare in there too - ahhahaha

blkNJ a4
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I can't even change a spare on my tire if i wanted to - my aftermarket rims require a socket - which is slim - the tire iron provided in the emergency kit is all fat and stuff. So I have to keep a breaker in the trunk with a 17mm socket. It would be nice if i also kept a spare in there too - ahhahaha

I need to get a 17mm socket. I go to school and we use torque wrenches on the engine stuff and all the stuff under the hood and in the drivetrain that have to be torqued. But on the lugs we use torque sticks which is just a piece of torsion metal really. But we dont have a 17mm one so i use a regular socket on a impact wrench. I cringe every time i have to do it. Now only to my car, but to any. It just ain't right.

Bpic2.7T
06-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Yea man gotta love those NJ roads..NJ DOT at its finest lol... jk

dubiraq05
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
i hate pennsylvania roads. penn dot is always working on making the roads worse!!!!