PDA

View Full Version : Southbend in a month :D

giorgos_B5c
06-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I finally have the funds to buy my clutch....I think i might go for it in a month or so....But i don't know which clutch to get.For now i'm stock k03 boosting to 0.7 bar,and i'm planning to get chipped soon,and next spring gt28rs[:D] .Because i'm quattro,i need a strong clutch so that i can launch her without the fear to "break" my clutch.I'm also going to get rid of the stock dual mass and get an unorthodox lwfw,so i need a sprung disc....Do i need the OFE series stage4,the FE series stage5 or a DXD series clutch?

Jereme
06-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Talk to audizine member Jeff You can find his AIM SN under his profile, he's a southbend dist. and was VERY helpful when I talked to him.

Here's the link.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/member.php?u=669

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
06-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Stage 4 or 5 will do.
How much torque due you plan on making?
Aggressive launches?

giorgos_B5c
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
About the torque,i plan to be around the torque a gt28rs makes,with all the supporting mods...Whats the difference between the stage4 and stage5 and the DXD?As for the launches,i don't want to be concerned and hesitate...I want to drop the clutch at as many rpms i like and expect from it not to slip

PS:what is aim?

Euro-Tuner
06-05-2007, 07:46 AM
always plan for the future, I went with a stg III on a ko4 set up and its holding awesome, real grabby launches!

giorgos_B5c
06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
a dxd is better than an ofe?and if so,why?

Jereme
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Aol Instant Messanger.lol

onemoremile
06-06-2007, 07:33 AM
DXD is the name of SouthBend's racing clutch line. The DXD puck clutches are not for the street. By cutting away half the friction material they've reduced weight which increases clamping pressure per square inch and reduced it's usable lifespan. They spin freely, bite hard, and are on the verge of disposable.

Stick with a street clutch. An OFE with the SS pressure plate will feel like a stock clutch after you get used to the pedal and the clutch is broken in. It will drive like a stock clutch with a nice progressive feel. If you power up and dump it there is nothing but a solid connection between the engine and spinning tires. [:D]

dubiraq05
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
i got the south bend stage 4 and i love it.

maxspeed
06-06-2007, 09:42 AM
love my southbend stage IV, unfortunatley theres one more things between the engine and spinning tires that can break, and thats called a transmission [headbang]