PDA

View Full Version : Many Questtions. 01 1.8t

biketsai
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey, i have a few questions about moddin my car , im sure many of yall have my answers.
I want to smoke out my lights for my rear taillights. How should i go about doing this? Nightshade?

Also can i use the APR 93 chip on my Tip.?

For some reason, when I have the AC on and im sittin at the light my car will start to idle wierd. Any suggestions?

Im going to paint my front, side, rear valences soon. Where will i get the matching paint for my Pelican Blue Metallic paint?

thanks...

RippleChip
06-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Nightshades will work for tinting tails, there are some threads on here with them done.

Pelican, I am sure you could order from your dealer or any body shop. Then spray it on.

Ewok_Fetus
06-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Please don't use Nightshits... It doesn't turn out as well as if you have them done professionally... I got mine done for $50 at a high end paint shop! (Thank Rob) If you want, maybe you can PM a guy on here named "Shifty"

He is the one that did my tails... I cannot tell you how much I absolutely LOVE them!! Not to mention he can do any shade that you want!!

http://members.cox.net/baldwin4/tails%20004.jpg
http://members.cox.net/baldwin4/tails%20005.jpg

pipe7284
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
^^^^damn those tails look great. i wanna do mine too, but i have other things to do first.

MultiAudis
06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
damn thats nice.... I am def. getting in touch with him

maxspeed
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
yes you can use the chip with your tip.

aytheory
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't recommend tinting your tails - even if it looks cool and all - I want to do it to my car too. The only thing holding me back is that some insurance company will give you hell if you get into a rear end collision - and refuse compensation because your tail light are not approved.

Ewok_Fetus
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
That is why I made sure that "Shifty" went as dark as he LEGALY could... My tails are legal even if you don't beleive it... Yet another reason why I posted a pic with the lights ON and next to my other A4 that DOESN'T have tinted tails... Almost NO difference...

gotaudi
06-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't recommend tinting your tails - even if it looks cool and all - I want to do it to my car too. The only thing holding me back is that some insurance company will give you hell if you get into a rear end collision - and refuse compensation because your tail light are not approved.

nice call.... I didnt think about that one.

aytheory
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
That is why I made sure that "Shifty" went as dark as he LEGALY could... My tails are legal even if you don't beleive it... Yet another reason why I posted a pic with the lights ON and next to my other A4 that DOESN'T have tinted tails... Almost NO difference...

It doesn't matter if it is legal - you are just offering ammo for insurance company to not pay up - they have a team of lawyers and resource and can delay your claim for as long as they want - who wins and is it worth it?

biketsai
06-06-2007, 09:02 AM
i dont think i will get mine that dark,

biketsai
06-07-2007, 09:57 PM
bumpp

biketsai
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
AC problem=new MAF

Seerlah
05-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey, i have a few questions about moddin my car , im sure many of yall have my answers.
I want to smoke out my lights for my rear taillights. How should i go about doing this? Nightshade?

Also can i use the APR 93 chip on my Tip.?

For some reason, when I have the AC on and im sittin at the light my car will start to idle wierd. Any suggestions?

Im going to paint my front, side, rear valences soon. Where will i get the matching paint for my Pelican Blue Metallic paint?

thanks...

Tint shops can tint your tails. But make sure they are reputable. Or you can paint them with spray from a hobby shop. There are many whom take that route, but I don't know how the process goes (as referring to the spray itself). I know you have to take out the tail lights, clean them (outside), use base coat, spray tint evenly to the tint you desire, then clear coat it. Let it dry then clear coat again. It goes something along those lines. Plus you can mask off and do it how you want it done.

As for the APR 93, there is no problem with that. You can even run 93 octane gas if you have a 91 chip. You just can't run 91 octane if you have a 93 chip. (Read that on a thread before).

Don't know about the A/C or paint for lowers

Edit: You can get matching paint from paintscratch.com. I read from Audiforum before that paintscratch may cost a little more than other places, yet is a direct match. Places like dupicolor are not. You want paint color code LY5T/Y4. Clicky click (http://www.paintscratch.com/)

biketsai
05-12-2008, 05:09 AM
lol sorry, i got bored last night and decided to answer my old thread

Seerlah
05-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Haha. Guess joke is on me. I was wondering about that. Because you have a BT and different color car.

Ewok_Fetus
05-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Hahaha, I am not the only one that fixed their AC problem with a new MAF!

iin10ded
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
get some smoke lamin-x and slap it on. you can always take it off..

Stampy
05-12-2008, 07:13 PM
lol sorry, i got bored last night and decided to answer my old thread

I was gunna say...I swear I bought that APR ecu from you.