PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarkson loves the R8 (more than his own Lambo)

mxrz
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1869881.ece

"In the meantime I can safely say the R8 is one of the best surprises of my motoring life. It is one of the truly great cars and the only hesitation I have in giving it five stars is that, ideally, I’d like to give it six."

S|Quattro|4
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Weres the video for this, Ive been waiting so long for it?

mxrz
06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Considering how much he likes it, it's going to be featured on TopGear as soon as the next season starts, though that might be a while [=(]

SoCalRS4
06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
why would it be a while?

echo7
06-04-2007, 12:04 AM
new season starts in october over here..

They were going to stop top gear... some people disliked the format and wanted more car reviews and not so much messing around..

Do you get top gear magazine over the pond?

tonggi
06-04-2007, 05:06 AM
the whoel reason a lot of us watch it is because of the messing around, if they want car reviews, they should read a car magazine or go test drive em. everyone always messing up something. : (

i hope they dont change it

YZracer
06-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Top Gear needs to stay exactly how it has been except for one thing. It is honestly the greatest car show to have ever hit the air. The only change that MUST be done, is they NEED to air the show if at most on a week delay here in the good old USA.

toaster
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
audi....is....stepping....it....UPPPPPPPPPPP!

this whole new redistribution of power to the quattro system is absolutely turning audis into beasts.

YZracer
06-05-2007, 07:02 AM
^^^^ agreed

aytheory
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
top gear has always been great cause they are different - let 5 th gear do that boring crap -

HitMan
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
top gear has always been great cause they are different - let 5 th gear do that boring crap -

Amen.

speedydragon
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
i love clarkson lol. he hates Fords so much that he had to find something british about it in the car...the recent ford GTx or w/e episode.

Kappe
06-13-2007, 07:32 AM

in the begin nineties top gear was far more boring than fifth gear is today.

But hands up for the R8! I cant wait to drive it to spain [:D]

OverSpun
06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
new season starts in october over here..

They were going to stop top gear... some people disliked the format and wanted more car reviews and not so much messing around..

Do you get top gear magazine over the pond?

We do get the top gear mag, but not the show. I think the show is perfect how it is, nothing should be changed. The messing about and such is a key part of the show.

sadpandas
07-07-2007, 12:40 AM
We got the show 2 seasons ago but last season we didn't. At least with direct t.v. we did but last season wasn't on here and made me very sad. very very sad. I did catch the top speed of the Veyron at the top secret? VW track.... That whole thing was done so amazingly... This is what i love about Top Gear: the way it is shot; when they are doing their reviews and those longer pieces like the Veyron or the Rover piece, amazingly colored and edited. It also amazes me that Jeremy and the boys can talk and describe their experiences so calmly while flying into a corner at break neck speed and precision to boot. Last reason i will list is this strangely long and detailed wikipedia page about the The Stig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig)..... Umm, so yeah, i would like to have top gear back on my dvr again or at least on the itunes... you guys know about this iTunes? its like you give these dudes a buck and they email you a song and you can put it on mix tapes for your lady friends... amazing intrawebs... what next? tabbed browsing? i should write that idea down...

skunkoncrunk
07-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Instead, it’s the 414bhp 4.2 V8 from the RS 4. I’ve described this as one of the best engines made today and a drive in the R8 has not changed my mind. It does everything, brilliantly.

You turn in, feel the grip, add power, the rear starts to slide, you apply some opposite lock, balance the throttle and then . . . and then . . . you start to realise you are driving one of the all-time greats. It’s not a hefty car. You don’t manhandle it through the bends. It flows, delicately and precisely.

I don’t think I’ve ever driven a car that works so well on both the road and the track. Even if you remove my natural prejudice against the Porsche 911, I believe the Audi has it licked on all counts.

Damn, I want to drive one so bad.

The only problem is that Audi cannot build the R8 fast enough. There are difficulties with making the carbon fibre panels, and as a result it can manage just 20 a day. That’s nowhere near enough to satisfy demand, especially when a more powerful V10 comes on stream next year.

I wasn't aware of that... a V10?

sadpandas
07-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah i had heard they were going to try and shoehorn in the lambo v10 but i don't know if it is going to be a 'tuned down version' or not. All i know is that I WANT MY TOP GEAR!!!!!

enigma1406
07-08-2007, 11:26 PM
It'll probably be more like the V10 from the S6 or S8 (which is basically a detuned lambo V10)

sadpandas
07-10-2007, 01:32 AM
I hate when i say 'i heard' without any sort of reference. What i meant to say was that i had read on leftlanenews that "Early word suggested that Audi would detune its V10 — which is largely shared with the Lamborghini Gallardo — keeping it below 500 horsepower, so as not to upstage the Lambo." But then goes on to say "However, with the introduction of Lamborghini's Gallard Superleggera (which is pumped up to 522 hp), the R8's V10 may actually reach the 500 horsepower mark." And this was from April so i bet there will be some other changes seeing as the car doesnt come out for another year and a half? Is that what the S6 or S8 are using? the article itself is pretty insane and probably posted in this forum that i have no reason being in before ;)...... found here (http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-r8-v10-future.html). Sorry for being vague...

Hot Fire!!!
P

xpl0sive
07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
i've loved all the seasons of top gear except for the last one where they tested like 3 cars in the whole season... need more car tests and side-by-side comparisons and less highway paving