PDA

View Full Version : my boxster brakes are on

dubiraq05
06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
well i ran into some problems when doing my brakes. nothing with the boxster brakes except i had to get wheel spacers cause my spokes wouldnt clear the calipers. my big problem was when i was putting the ss lines in the rear. i was bleeding the brakes with my friend and when we got to the passenger side rear i pushed the brake in and the ss braided line exploded at the crimp point. good thing it happened then instead of when i was driving. so i bought all new oem rear lines and im gtg now. i did a couple good hard brakes to breake them in and i love them.

well here are some crappy pics.http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/boostedaudia4/HPIM0208.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/boostedaudia4/HPIM0209.jpg

here is a pic of the broken line!!!
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/boostedaudia4/HPIM0206.jpg

94jedi
06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
very nice. Other than the problems, how much was your total cash outlay for the project?

Rico750
06-03-2007, 12:32 PM
due that looks hot !!! congrats !! wish i had m!!

bOOOOstedAudi
06-03-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah i love mine.

dubiraq05
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
very nice. Other than the problems, how much was your total cash outlay for the project?

about 600

KelownaA4
06-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Where did you find the calipers? I would love to get that setup

onemoremile
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Looks great. What brand of lines blew out on you?

attamz
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm jealous. Thats next on my list of things to do.

mikeyvuitton
06-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm jealous. Thats next on my list of things to do.
Same here i think i might go yellow though..... so they match my 911's

Militant-Grunt
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Very nice, where'd you find the calipers and for how much? A8 rotors?

I see you got a black intake mani + red valve cover. I'm in the middle of the same project, looks sweet dude.

dubiraq05
06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Looks great. What brand of lines blew out on you?

im not sure i will have to look today and i will get back to ya.

dubiraq05
06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Very nice, where'd you find the calipers and for how much? A8 rotors?

I see you got a black intake mani + red valve cover. I'm in the middle of the same project, looks sweet dude.

i picked them up off a local porsche tuner near my house. they have some more used ones laying around if anyone is interested. i will have to check on price. i got mine for cheap off them used cause i traded a 2.0 block that i had laying around. my valve cover looks good, but my intake mani is stock dirty corroded/pitted/ i dont give a fuck anymore about this car, and it will probably stay dirty. i think i want to get a b5 s4

Nor_Cal_Driver
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Nice, how much better do you stop now?? Any baseline test with stock?

dubiraq05
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Nice, how much better do you stop now?? Any baseline test with stock?

i just know that it feels alot better than my stock ones did. it didnt want to stop before!!

a220vt
06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
i think i want to get a b5 s4
Thought you had a B5 S4? At least you said you did when you sold me that trashed ST kit....

dubiraq05
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Thought you had a B5 S4? At least you said you did when you sold me that trashed ST kit....

i have a b6 s4 that my wife tools around in. the st kit worked when removed from car.

a220vt
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh, so maybe I misunderstood you, but you did list the kit as coming off of a 2001 B5 S4. The kit may have "worked" when you pulled it, where ever it came from, but the bridge bolts were frozen, and the brackets were stripped. Maybe you didn't notice either one because you wouldn't have had to remove the bridges to take off the calipers. I also apologize for bringing this up here, but you did ignore my message on Vortex, so that kind of pissed me off.

Militant-Grunt
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
i picked them up off a local porsche tuner near my house. they have some more used ones laying around if anyone is interested. i will have to check on price. i got mine for cheap off them used cause i traded a 2.0 block that i had laying around. my valve cover looks good, but my intake mani is stock dirty corroded/pitted/ i dont give a fuck anymore about this car, and it will probably stay dirty. i think i want to get a b5 s4

Awesome, please check on the price for me, id be interested if its reasonable.

dubiraq05
06-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Awesome, please check on the price for me, id be interested if its reasonable.

u have a pm

onemoremile
06-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh, so maybe I misunderstood you, but you did list the kit as coming off of a 2001 B5 S4. The kit may have "worked" when you pulled it, where ever it came from, but the bridge bolts were frozen, and the brackets were stripped. Maybe you didn't notice either one because you wouldn't have had to remove the bridges to take off the calipers. I also apologize for bringing this up here, but you did ignore my message on Vortex, so that kind of pissed me off.

Take it to PM.

Militant-Grunt
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
u have a pm

Thanks, one other question though,

What caliper brackets did you use?

dubiraq05
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks, one other question though,

What caliper brackets did you use?

purems. very nice came with new bolts too :)

$teady$upreme
07-08-2007, 04:13 PM
On this picture, did you change the "TWO" rubber brake lines or just one?

Also, the stock brake line is a 14mm nut and is the other small steel line 11mm? When you are changing them out, you hold the 11mm nut and turn the 14mm nut right?

Cause i been having problem on my right rear lines, they don't turn at all~

sean1.8t
07-08-2007, 04:26 PM
porsche brakes FTW!!

Tifun
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
ok, time for dumb questions. I bought my B5 A4 with the A8 upgrade. From what I understand is the only thing I need to do at this point to go to these is to simply switch out the caliper? Do I need to change out the carrier? I can get remans from work and have been thinking about this, but I want to know more before I go any where else with this. What years and what calipers fit with my existing setup????
-Keith

onemoremile
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
ok, time for dumb questions. I bought my B5 A4 with the A8 upgrade. From what I understand is the only thing I need to do at this point to go to these is to simply switch out the caliper? Do I need to change out the carrier? I can get remans from work and have been thinking about this, but I want to know more before I go any where else with this. What years and what calipers fit with my existing setup????
-Keith

If you keep your A8 rotors you'll need the black calipers from a Boxster, purems or ecs carriers, pads, and lines. If you switch to an S4 rotor you'll need the red calipers from a Boxster S. They and the S4 rotor are wider. The S calipers also need a different carrier which is available from Bira.

http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1310

Product Categories » Brakes » Brake Kits » PURE Motorsport Boxster Caliper Brackets

PURE Motorsport Boxster Caliper Brackets
Click for larger image
PURE Motorsport Boxster Caliper Brackets
SKU: BS002

Our Price: $174.95

Availability: Usually ships in 24 hrs.

Use our brake brackets when upgrading your brakes to Porsche Boxster calipers.
These are designed to be used with 312mm rotors and are a direct upgrade from our Stage 1 Brake Kit.

Made from 7071 Aluminum
Powdered Coated for durability
New caliper bolts are included
Porsche Calipers are not included.
Designed for Porsche Boxster Calipers only (not Boxster S)
17" wheels recommended, spacers may be necessary.

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
$89.95

lml999
08-24-2007, 11:47 AM
If you keep your A8 rotors you'll need the black calipers from a Boxster, purems or ecs carriers, pads, and lines. If you switch to an S4 rotor you'll need the red calipers from a Boxster S. They and the S4 rotor are wider. The S calipers also need a different carrier which is available from Bira.

http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1310

Boxster S calipers are black, unless you special order them. It's the 996 TT calipers (Big Reds) that are red stock.

onemoremile
08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Pretty much all used Boxster S calipers are red. They are the same as Carrera calipers. The normal boxster has grey calipers.