PDA

View Full Version : suspension mounts and coilovers

audiluver
05-31-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm planning on buying the Stasis Tracksport coilover kit and wondering if someone can direct me towards somewhere that sells a complete mounting kit ( or just all the parts i'll need that doesn't come with the kit). I want to keep my stock suspension intact and have the coilovers intact so i can switch back and forth without a spring compressor. Any help would be great

onemoremile
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
You will need the rubber strut tops, the aluminum mounting plate that holds the upper control arms, and the hardened washer that goes between the top of the strut shaft and the mounting plate. An extra set of upper control arms would also be nice otherwise you'll have to swap those each time. Best bet is to look in the FS forums for someone parting out a car. Otherwise this will get expensive quickly. If you find a good source just ask them for the front suspension assembly just as it is removed from the car. This gives you everything you need. I still recommend that you get a new pair of rubber strut tops. They are about 13 bucks each and wear out over time.

I ran coilovers in the summer and stock sport suspension in the winter and have thought about doing exactly this. It would have cut about an hour from my 4-5 hour suspension swap.

audiluver
05-31-2007, 11:07 PM
exactly^^^. thanks for the help.