PDA

View Full Version : antifoulers where you get 'm?

Rico750
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
hey guys, this might sound stupid but i just dont know it.
These antifoulers used for the test pipe.. where do you get 'm? is is a standard hardware supply item that every store has? or was it hard getting 'm? what about the size? thanks

Rik

kblackwe
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I got mine from shucks auto supply, just about any auto parts store should have them. As far as size, they are 18mm spark plug anti-foulers. The only pain was drilling the first non-fouler, because it is stainless steel, so have to drill numerous times before getting to the right size (19/32"). Other than that, the install is pretty straight forward. Here is a link for the install, scroll down towards the bottom for the info relating to the non-foulers:

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2511177.phtml

ct1.8t4me
05-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I just posted something a few weeks ago about an alternative to the anti-foulers - using a diode. It should be relatively easy to find if you search for anti-fouler diode CEL etc.

It is an electronic solution to the physical installation of the anti-foulers that has worked for me for several thousand miles with no CEL.

AF's can be gotten at most auto parts stores it seems.

Rico750
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
i think i will go with the anti foulers.. im trying to look online if they are available for buy.. but i can't find them... i ll walk in to the auto parts shops tommorow to see if i can get 'm : 18mm (spark plug) anti-foulers

(darn track days) :)

BzeB5A4
05-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I've also done the diode mod. Took like 15 mins. No CEL for me for over 500 miles now.

kblackwe
05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I didn't see that you had a 2000 A4, the anti-fouler mod doesn't work all that well on your engines, usually a CEL will appear after some time, I would take the diode route.