PDA

View Full Version : 350z Takedown. (closed course)

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to share this one with you guys.

Pretty short and sweet story

11pm, Blue 350z with aftermarket wheels and looks like stock everything else.

We're in the right lane, hes a few cars back, everyones cruising at 85. He decides to pull ahead of everyone in the left lane because his exit is coming up. He passes me and gets about 7 carlengths away and I decide to give chase.

I leave it in 5th and floor it, he sees me coming, he gets on it. And then, to my surprise, I start reeling him in right from the start....

and eventually walk him around 130. It gave me such a triumphant feeling, my passenger and I both were like "OMG YES". Then I gave him the emergency blinkers to rub it in :)

My only thoughts are that his wheels were probably heavy and it was probably automatic. It makes me think it would have been even if he didn't have those things working against him. but hey, Im not even sure if it was auto!

1.8T FWD, Neuspeed 1bar, APR Exhaust.

If people's stories about the GIAC chip are true and it is a lot better than the Neuspeed, I can't wait to try it out.

[a4]

offroader1006
05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
sure it wasnt a 280z?

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
sure it wasnt a 280z?

lol

good one[down]

aytheory
05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
ahahah a 350z puts down around 250 to the wheels - unless you are running gtx or gtrs - i don't know man........... also with 7-8 pounds of boost if they have a turbo kit that thing puts down like 400 to the wheels. But it is heavy and lumpy as a boat for a 2 door car with a curb weight of ~3400 MT - it sure hell wasn't spent on the interior - the engine is an award winning one.

juju4uofa
05-29-2007, 11:24 AM
That APR exhaust must be fantastic. All I have is an APR chip and an intake but 350Zs spank me everytime, automatic or not. You probably do much better from a roll though, being fwd.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 11:28 AM
i mean im giving him the benefit of the doubt here

it weighs 500lbs more than my car, it had heavy aftermarket wheels, and it was probably auto. not to mention a bit more drivetrain loss for RWD.

but the fact of the matter is i was able to walk him

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
That APR exhaust must be fantastic. All I have is an APR chip and an intake but 350Zs spank me everytime, automatic or not. You probably do much better from a roll though, being fwd.

yeah, FWD definitely is wonderful on the highway!

mike-2ptzero
05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
sure it wasnt a 280z?

A 5 year old could tell the difference between a 280z and a new 350z.

A4Rob
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
chip and exhaust will NOT take a Z. He probably wasn't trying considering you walked him at 130mph.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 11:56 AM
chip and exhaust will NOT take a Z. He probably wasn't trying considering you walked him at 130mph.

okay man.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
okay this is my final word to the people who are like "omg not possible", because their responses are inevitable.

think about it

200+hp FWD 2850lbs, Manual
v.
287hp RWD 3400lbs, Heavy wheels, auto tranny

and i started right at my torque peak.

please, its not unbelieveable.

A4Rob
05-29-2007, 12:05 PM
HP doesn't win races. Torque does.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM
well, seeing as i did say that i got to start right at my torque peak

yes, yes it does.

good cliche cop-out, btw.

97audia4
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
ok stop lieing now and admit u got walked, he let off at 130 prolly

Rosati
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow . Why do you guys care so much if he's lying?

If he thinks he beat him, let him be.

you should have posted this in the chatterbox , but i think itll get moved there anyway.

Also, at that speed, you cant tell if he was AT or MT..... FYI

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
ok stop lieing now and admit u got walked, he let off at 130 prolly

seeing as the rate of WALKAGE (on my part) was the same for the entire race, you sir are incorrect.

i mean, i let off a 135 after he was a car-length behind me, thats for sure.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Also, at that speed, you cant tell if he was AT or MT..... FYI

it only matters at lower speeds? i thought there was always a fluid loss no matter what?

b00st
05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
torque is for go...horsepower is for show.

75HP more than you....your displacement with your turbo at 1.0bar is not enough to over take him and start trapping faster than him. sorry.

torque works great off the line...after that its horsepower that lets you finish the race not torque.

considering on occassion when i a race a 350z....if they got some aftermarket on them...its a tough race. if they are stock i can beat them entering in 3rd gear if we go from the dig. soon to change once i upgrade my clutch. but for my car being a pretty quick pc16 car....and i am beating them by 2 CLs through 4th. i don't see your K03 in 5th gear moving past anyone....a k04 barely does anyting and i'm at 21-22psi with FMIC. and your at 14.5psi and going to beat someone on the top end....i doubt that. again...a 15.5 second car vs. a low 14s or high 13s car. and your gonna run him down on the top end? i don't think so. have fun be safe...thats just not realistic.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
ugh thanks guys,

next time i'll be more mature and keep my stories to myself.

listen, factors other than just the cars somehow went in my favor. how about that?

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 12:45 PM
and isnt there a member on here who ran a 14.3 with a k03?

A4Rob
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
ugh thanks guys,

next time i'll be more mature and keep my stories to myself.

listen, factors other than just the cars somehow went in my favor. how about that?

Sure, and good idea keeping these stories to yourself. [rolleyes]

aytheory
05-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I CHANGE MY MIND HE WOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A4 FOR LIFE - i just won't put my money on it - but he won.

onemoremile
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Cruising in the right lane on a closed course? By closed do you mean there weren't any exits coming up?

mike-2ptzero
05-29-2007, 12:55 PM
and isnt there a member on here who ran a 14.3 with a k03?

Yes. Someone did it in a FWD using a APR race chip and I did it with a custom GIAC chip in my quattro. Huge difference in power when compared to a Neuspeed 1 bar chip. With that you would be lucky to hit low 15's. They dont call that chip Nospeed for nothing.

Cruising in the right lane on a closed course? By closed do you mean there weren't any exits coming up?

Someone has been watching too many car ads on tv.

Euro-Tuner
05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah, it was maxspeed, now his drivetrain is gone...I didnt know he was FWD...

man this thread is brutal, hey Grip, nice win[up] and I hate when there is other cars on closed coarses!!

b00st
05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
it sux but such is life.

you post up anything....others will jump in. believe me...i've seen it 10x worse when it comes to street stories. if you can't take the heat...................

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 01:11 PM
yeah, it was maxspeed, now his drivetrain is gone...I didnt know he was FWD...

man this thread is brutal, hey Grip, nice win[up] and I hate when there is other cars on closed coarses!!

hey thanks man. hah, phew. at least there are a few people in this thread who arent calling total bs.[:)]

and i mean, if anyone else wants to offer up responses as to how i was able to win (besides "you actually didnt" or "he wasnt on it") thats fine with me. it baffled me just as much as anyone else on this forum.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 01:14 PM

hah by exit i actually mean the pits

onemoremile
05-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Wierd stuff happens. I got smoked in the S4 by a rusty Civic DX hatch on what looked like 13" steel wheels. No crazy exhaust noise or anything. That little sucker pulled. The dude was grinning so wide his ears were wet.

offroader1006
05-29-2007, 01:56 PM

a 5 yr old could also detect facetiousness mike

keeping the "win" stories to yourself was your best post yet.

i am sorry if we all know physics.

i was going to say it in my OP, but i didnt want to imply anything, but he probably wasnt racing, you would be surprised how often this happens.

i get people flying by me, and i go part throttle to pass, but i underestimate them, and they think they "won" like you.

Poopie
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
i got walked by a bicycle in traffic. makes me feel shitty idling my fuel away. haha

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Wierd stuff happens. I got smoked in the S4 by a rusty Civic DX hatch on what looked like 13" steel wheels. No crazy exhaust noise or anything. That little sucker pulled. The dude was grinning so wide his ears were wet.

some of those hondas are amazingly serious.

like anyone else i look down on the ricers, but i dont think anyone knows the word serious better than some honda enthusiats with a little bit of money.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 02:04 PM
a 5 yr old could also detect facetiousness mike

keeping the "win" stories to yourself was your best post yet.

i am sorry if we all know physics.

i was going to say it in my OP, but i didnt want to imply anything, but he probably wasnt racing, you would be surprised how often this happens.

i get people flying by me, and i go part throttle to pass, but i underestimate them, and they think they "won" like you.

wow man, thread's over.

your trash talk to try and ignite something is worthless here.

and i mean, the screaming intake of the vq35de is unmistakable. so go away.

onemoremile
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
some of those hondas are amazingly serious.

like anyone else i look down on the ricers, but i dont think anyone knows the word serious better than some honda enthusiats with a little bit of money.

The S4 was on it's maiden voyage with under 1000 miles so it was half throttle and 5k rpms max. The dude thought we were racing and was seriously pumped. He kept looking back over his shoulder and looked hysterically happy when we met at the next light. A second gear start and a straight WOT pull to 60 left him seriously confused. Poor little ego.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
lol poor honda kid

gotta love 'em though

b-series are great motors

a4fann
05-29-2007, 03:49 PM
ahahah a 350z puts down around 250 to the wheels - unless you are running gtx or gtrs - i don't know man........... also with 7-8 pounds of boost if they have a turbo kit that thing puts down like 400 to the wheels. But it is heavy and lumpy as a boat for a 2 door car with a curb weight of ~3400 MT - it sure hell wasn't spent on the interior - the engine is an award winning one.
250whp on a stock 350z, not gonna happen.
Speaking of getting smoked by hondas, My friend and I were in his Volvo 850r with a slew of goodies from IPD. His car is quick. We pulled up next to a red crx that wanted to play, We got worked, absolutly worked. We talked to the guy at the next light he was real cool and when he said it had a k-22 I realized why we just lost to a honda.[:D]

Militant-Grunt
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM

You're wrong. I quite believe this as I have done it about three times already with my current mods. These car are not fast by any means, they get smoked by my dad's 5000LBS ML55, where my car is even quicker than the ML I completely annihilate Z's. They have horrible top end for some reason.

offroader1006
05-29-2007, 04:20 PM
wow man, thread's over.

your trash talk to try and ignite something is worthless here.

and i mean, the screaming intake of the vq35de is unmistakable. so go away.

noob.

the threads not over until you see a padlock on it.

so you dont like hearing you didnt walk him, you dont have to tell your friends, they can still believe.

i like the attempt to belittle me though.

A4Rob
05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
You're wrong. I quite believe this as I have done it about three times already with my current mods. These car are not fast by any means, they get smoked by my dad's 5000LBS ML55, where my car is even quicker than the ML I completely annihilate Z's. They have horrible top end for some reason.

LOL you chip guys are too funny[rolleyes]

offroader1006
05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
lol, go away rob.[:D]

i think someones feeling might get hurt.

[az]

a4fann
05-29-2007, 05:04 PM
noob.

the threads not over until you see a padlock on it.

so you dont like hearing you didnt walk him, you dont have to tell your friends, they can still believe.

amen

Militant-Grunt
05-29-2007, 05:14 PM
LOL you chip guys are too funny[rolleyes]

And you BT guys are full of yourselves, especially considering that unless you have at least a 35 under the hood then your car really isn't "fast".

When I say I ran them, then I did, both from rolls and digs. My car came ahead each time.

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM

me too.

b00st
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
me three.

mike-2ptzero
05-29-2007, 08:08 PM
And you BT guys are full of yourselves, especially considering that unless you have at least a 35 under the hood then your car really isn't "fast".

When I say I ran them, then I did, both from rolls and digs. My car came ahead each time.

Now go to the track and post up some time slips showing how "fast" your car is. I am so tired of the "I am so fast because I beat this or that on the street". Just because a car is going fast on the street doesn't mean he is racing you. Go to the track and everyone on the track "is" racing.

A4Rob
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
haha the times don't lie Mike (except around sea level :-P )
Well said.

ibew5audi
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
What---350z's can post mid 15sec quarters---with the air on with two people in an automatic.

In a parallel universe:

Base Member

Group: Members

I was browsing today i noticed some guys hittin high 14's wuts up with that? I thought the z was high 13's i wouldnt even have bought it if i knew it was a mid 14 car. My 1998 pontiac gtp with just a pully auto hits 14.2 just mashing the pedal i thought i was upgrading alot wiht the z kinda dissapointed. Maybe those guys just suk to me the z feels alot faster then my low 14 pontiac doesnt comapre really cant understand how they hit those high quater mile times makin us look bad? if this is tru i may have to sell my z lol and go back to the pontiac route 6.0 gto but i really prefer the z i love it jsut dont want a mid 14 car i thought the z was achivable mid 13s stock guess should have researched more. But i mean a stock wrx runs about 14.2 and i raced one stock vs stock off the line about 5 times and beat it liek 4 car lenths easy so how could a z be that slow i raced many wrx modded ones 2 i never lost roll or dig i even took a 5.7litter gto the 04 by a half a car.
Go to the top of the page

From a 350Z forum--hahahahah.

mike-2ptzero
05-29-2007, 08:45 PM
haha the times don't lie Mike (except around sea level :-P )
Well said.

LOL. I have nothing against people running at sealevel, hell I do it myself and will be doing it again on friday. Just got tired of people comparing sea level times to times ran at high adjusted alt.

mike-2ptzero
05-29-2007, 08:55 PM
What---350z's can post mid 15sec quarters---with the air on with two people in an automatic.

In a parallel universe:

Base Member

Group: Members

I was browsing today i noticed some guys hittin high 14's wuts up with that? I thought the z was high 13's i wouldnt even have bought it if i knew it was a mid 14 car. My 1998 pontiac gtp with just a pully auto hits 14.2 just mashing the pedal i thought i was upgrading alot wiht the z kinda dissapointed. Maybe those guys just suk to me the z feels alot faster then my low 14 pontiac doesnt comapre really cant understand how they hit those high quater mile times makin us look bad? if this is tru i may have to sell my z lol and go back to the pontiac route 6.0 gto but i really prefer the z i love it jsut dont want a mid 14 car i thought the z was achivable mid 13s stock guess should have researched more. But i mean a stock wrx runs about 14.2 and i raced one stock vs stock off the line about 5 times and beat it liek 4 car lenths easy so how could a z be that slow i raced many wrx modded ones 2 i never lost roll or dig i even took a 5.7litter gto the 04 by a half a car.
Go to the top of the page

From a 350Z forum--hahahahah.

Well as we all know it takes a driver to put down good times and even a better driver to do so in a rwd car with stock tires.

Dragtimes.com has a bunch of them running mid to high 13's stock.

Some kid driving a 350z his dad just bought him isn't going to be all that quick.

zemun2
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
okay this is my final word to the people who are like "omg not possible", because their responses are inevitable.

think about it

200+hp FWD 2850lbs, Manual
v.
287hp RWD 3400lbs, Heavy wheels, auto tranny

and i started right at my torque peak.

please, its not unbelieveable.

Z350 weight to power ratio
3400/287=11.8

Your car
2850/200=14.2

grip_racer
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Z350 weight to power ratio
3400/287=11.8

Your car
2850/200=14.2

you forgot to calculate RWD loss, auto tranny loss, and account for heavy aftermarket wheels.

as a side note, wheel weights really do make a difference. i had some awesome 13lb kosei k1 15x7s on my old E30 and they made a really noticeable difference in acceleration v. stock. and i think the tires were about 5% smaller in diameter, adding to accel.

RudeBwoi
05-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Z's are faster than chipped A4's....

not saying your a liar....

but Z's are faster than chipped A4's....

onemoremile
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds like the Z crowd isn't very literate. Hard to believe that was written by someone that can hold a job long enough to buy one.

sean1.8t
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Loud Noises!!!

offroader1006
05-30-2007, 05:25 AM
i love lamp.

and noobs that post up their chipped street races.

you shouldve just told us you hit all 4 NOS buttons, then we wouldve just been in awe at your awesomeness.

btw the Z's rwd loss isnt much greater than your fwd loss, its not exactly a honda.

bloodstar57
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Most likely you beat the driver not the car.....same thing on bike i beat people on 1000cc bikes all the time in the twisties and track on my 2006 750 but that doesn't mean i beat the bike. I'm just a better rider than the other person[up]

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 05:42 AM
i love lamp.

and noobs that post up their chipped street races.

you shouldve just told us you hit all 4 NOS buttons, then we wouldve just been in awe at your awesomeness.

btw the Z's rwd loss isnt much greater than your fwd loss, its not exactly a honda.

next time i'll be sure and take my chip out and race some d-series hondas, just for you. you know i want nothing more than your approval.

SilverS4Guy
05-30-2007, 05:48 AM
This is true viable..

I was in my stg 1 S, my buddy in his stg 2 GTI, and a stock 6 speed Z ran three wide from 60 - 130... I won easily, GTI had 3 cars, Z was last and gasping... They are not amazingly fast out of the box... you guys read to much into numbers.. drive one, you'll feel the same way. FWIW I also walked the same stock Z in my 1.8T GTI without contest... revo stg 2, turbo back, 4 bar FPR, Turbo inlet pipe, Samco DV, GHL CAI, rocking 18" BBS RC's... Completely credible.. he got a 7 car jump.. and caught him.. word[up]

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 05:49 AM
This is true viable..

I was in my stg 1 S, my buddy in his stg 2 GTI, and a stock 6 speed Z ran three wide from 60 - 130... I won easily, GTI had 3 cars, Z was last and gasping... They are not amazingly fast out of the box... you guys read to much into numbers.. drive one, you'll feel the same way. FWIW I also walked the same stock Z in my 1.8T GTI without contest... revo stg 2, turbo back, 4 bar FPR, Turbo inlet pipe, Samco DV, GHL CAI, rocking 18" BBS RC's... Completely credible.. he got a 7 car jump.. and caught him.. word[up]

right on, thanks man[up]

Jereme
05-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Now go to the track and post up some time slips showing how "fast" your car is. I am so tired of the "I am so fast because I beat this or that on the street". Just because a car is going fast on the street doesn't mean he is racing you. Go to the track and everyone on the track "is" racing.

I agree with you mike...but I would rather have a slower track car that can still kick ass on the street to.

offroader1006
05-30-2007, 06:22 AM
just for you. you know i want nothing more than your approval.

join the club

offroader1006
05-30-2007, 06:23 AM
This is true viable..

i dont read much into numbers. i have driven both cars.

i had a FWD nospeed chipped with exhaust.

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 06:28 AM
i dont read much into numbers. i have driven both cars.

i had a FWD nospeed chipped with exhaust.

looks like silvers4guy offers a more specific experience (see: actually racing both cars) than "ive driven both".

but good for you though.

onemoremile
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
You know, I'm glad that we're such a tight cohesive community. WTF has happened around here?

Jereme
05-30-2007, 06:32 AM
I hear ya, when I first got my audi I was all over audiforums, then I came over here it was awesome......now all I see is people talking shit. BTW

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 06:36 AM
sorry guys, its really just me defending my position against what offroader thinks

the community as a whole is really pretty good, better than vwvortex at least

offroader1006
05-30-2007, 06:54 AM
we have lost moderators and members that discourage strreet racing posts and other threads of equal and lesser value.

i see more and more kids posting that can now afford the B5. who feel like everyone on the internet must be nice, and shouldnt hurt their feelings.

Guys like Mr Racer here fail to realize you get posts you like, and ones you dont.

street racing threads tend to get more of the latter, as searching would show, most all street racing threads end in similar ways.

threads about how fast you went while racing on public roads are not what makes this a great community

tomustang
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
you forgot to calculate RWD loss, auto tranny loss, and account for heavy aftermarket wheels.

You should know there are more factors in racing than just those..

and roll racing isn't the best form of testing how fast your car is

mike-2ptzero
05-30-2007, 07:19 AM

Dont forget to factor in "drag" and his will have less.

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Dont forget to factor in "drag" and his will have less.

A4 drag coefficient: .29, source: http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/1997/gap9704.html

350z drag coefficient: .29, source: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/1858/nissan-350z.html

a4fann
05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
This thread is fast and furious. Did you guys race for pinks or just respect on the streets.

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 08:16 AM
This thread is fast and furious.

hardly.

unknowna4
05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Haha just give up now

Euro-Tuner
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I'll be at the track tonight, if there is a Z, I'll ask him to race, or just watch for his time...

grip_racer
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Haha just give up now

when i know what im talking about im stubborn and like to get the last word in

but i mean, who doesnt?

a4fann
05-30-2007, 08:47 AM
LAST WORD

A4Rob
05-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Mid morning bump :) haha

SilverS4Guy
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I'll be at the track tonight, if there is a Z, I'll ask him to race, or just watch for his time...

If its stock.. expect anwhere between a low 15 sec pass to a mid 14 second pass.. Should be close, but if you get a jump early ( 60 ft ) you can hold him the rest of the race. You can also race a G35.. have fun there also.

I do race my S, and had raced my GTI on many an occasion..

I've lost to a hyundia in my S4.. on the street... and it goes low 13's in the 1/4..

But I've taken down a Saleen Mustang in my 1.8T at the track... Epping NH, FWIW.

who cares really @ the end of the day... be safe, have fun, drink beer.

I was at the track last Friday running sick 14.9@92 in my S... I lost all but 1 race.. I have a vacuum leak... If any of you guys make trips up there, let me know, I'll say hi and ask you to line em up! If you wanna race a Z... Let me know also, have a friend with one.. hence my previous comments.

A4_2.8tuner
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
we have lost moderators and members that discourage strreet racing posts and other threads of equal and lesser value.

i see more and more kids posting that can now afford the B5. who feel like everyone on the internet must be nice, and shouldnt hurt their feelings.

Guys like Mr Racer here fail to realize you get posts you like, and ones you dont.

street racing threads tend to get more of the latter, as searching would show, most all street racing threads end in similar ways.

threads about how fast you went while racing on public roads are not what makes this a great community

i completely agree here...the demographics of the B5 have changed dramatically in the last year or 2...its getting crazy. even locally i see more audi's rolling around with younger people driving them and it drives me nuts haha.

My $.02 is keep the "street racing" stories to yourself, because they just cause a big fit on the forums.

Euro-Tuner
05-30-2007, 09:29 AM
If its stock.. expect anwhere between a low 15 sec pass to a mid 14 second pass.. Should be close, but if you get a jump early ( 60 ft ) you can hold him the rest of the race. You can also race a G35.. have fun there also.

I do race my S, and had raced my GTI on many an occasion..

I've lost to a hyundia in my S4.. on the street... and it goes low 13's in the 1/4..

But I've taken down a Saleen Mustang in my 1.8T at the track... Epping NH, FWIW.

who cares really @ the end of the day... be safe, have fun, drink beer.

I was at the track last Friday running sick 14.9@92 in my S... I lost all but 1 race.. I have a vacuum leak... If any of you guys make trips up there, let me know, I'll say hi and ask you to line em up! If you wanna race a Z... Let me know also, have a friend with one.. hence my previous comments.

are you running tonight, Im going to Epping, Id love to see you there and do a run or 2 against you

BranCKY3
05-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Maybe the Z started in 6th gear and didn't downshift.

SilverS4Guy
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
are you running tonight, Im going to Epping, Id love to see you there and do a run or 2 against you

Next Weds is more likely....

As I mentioned, I have a boost leak.. where from? I dunno..

replacing.. TBB, DV's, F Valve, MAF, and installing an AWE boost gauge.. Maf is just needed.

I'll look for you however.

Euro-Tuner
05-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Next Weds is more likely....

As I mentioned, I have a boost leak.. where from? I dunno..

replacing.. TBB, DV's, F Valve, MAF, and installing an AWE boost gauge.. Maf is just needed.

I'll look for you however.

well Im headed up with a GTI 1.8t, Jetta VR6, Jetta 1.8t, and myself, possibly meeting others if they show, I'd come tonight if you have the chance...either way, I'll possibly be there next week

b00st
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
rob that mid morning bump was hilarious!

i so remember when we weren't allowed to post street racing threads....times have changed....and so does the crowd and when people don't believe it....if you post it...prepare to defend yourself.

if anyone knows anyone knows me, they know i'm good for a story about once a month or so, i attribute marc (11secS4) for paving the way for me to do such a thing. i knew it was looked down upon. and as a n00b...i would never think to post up stories of street racing....just helping out the community. i guess once people get to know you, then you wont get harrassed as much.

i myself have seen plenty of low 14s or high 13 350z's around here. stock. so modded ones run the same times. and thats really the drivers problem the car has the potential and its really up to the driver to unlock it. my friend G35 which is heavier runs 14.03 @ 103 last time he ran. that is with heavy 19's with 275s out back. JWT pop charger, plenum, technosquare reflash, y-pipes and mid pipe. he should be running better than that...

Euro-Tuner
05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I raced a G-35 coupe at the track tonight, I killed him both times, once with my friend in the car, and my IM was hot to the touch...horrible heatsoak, the track was scoalding this evening

sean1.8t
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Mid morning bump :) haha

LMAO, i had a really good laugh at this for some reason..

late night bump [:p]

CaSp3r9
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM

Hahaha who are you kidding? Your son could tell the difference between a 280z and a 350z in the dark with his eyes closed!

a4fann
05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Lets let this thread ride.............
I make my threads a 1/4 mile at a time.

97audia4
05-30-2007, 09:29 PM
basically film it, or dont say anything bc film is the only proof

97audia4
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
hope your car has some hp b/c on the way to water fest last year my friends 2004 G 35 coupe with intake and headers with brullen exhaust smoked a supercharged mk2 vr6, im going to see if i can dig the video up

a4fann
05-30-2007, 09:41 PM
hope your car has some hp b/c on the way to water fest last year my friends 2004 G 35 coupe with intake and headers with brullen exhaust smoked a supercharged mk2 vr6, im going to see if i can dig the video up
gti or jetta, people run high 12's, low 13's on supercharged mk2 VR's while having a spinnfest. At least thats how it goes down in the PNDub

AUD-A4
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
i was driving my brothers evo on the parkway in my spool peak in 5th and there was a new wrx beside me. we went,and he was prob in third and i pulled on him then,lol. he was prob. saying to himself"oh man i just held that modded evo" in his stock REX,but in reality if i was in third it would have been shameful.

Alan
05-31-2007, 01:26 PM

QFT. Looks can be deceiving. I pulled up to a shitty looking integra. 8 different colors of primer, etc and he kicked my ass. I mean, walked me the whole time.

onemoremile
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
The S4 was on it's maiden voyage with under 1000 miles so it was half throttle and 5k rpms max. The dude thought we were racing and was seriously pumped. He kept looking back over his shoulder and looked hysterically happy when we met at the next light. A second gear start and a straight WOT pull to 60 left him seriously confused. Poor little ego.

And now you know.... the rest of the story. [:p]

offroader1006
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
oh yeha, he forgot to factor in his pass weights in his weight ratio calculations.

thats at least an extra 300 lbs. cause i know this kid rides with fat bitches.

200hp FWD 3150lbs
vs.
287hp RWD 3400lbs

oh, now i see. you definitely walked him terribly, he probably already sold his car.

thanks for the bump guys, i almost lost this one.

a4fann
05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
I pulled 8 car lengths on a 996 turbo on the freeway once........ But I had a giac chip so I was not suprised.[headbang]

grip_racer
05-31-2007, 05:57 PM
oh yeha, he forgot to factor in his pass weights in his weight ratio calculations.

thats at least an extra 300 lbs. cause i know this kid rides with fat bitches.

oh, now i see. you definitely walked him terribly, he probably already sold his car.

thanks for the bump guys, i almost lost this one.

thank you for showing us all how insecure you are.

i think you and a4fann should take your sex elsewhere, and then go cry together

a4fann
05-31-2007, 06:19 PM
thank you for showing us all how insecure you are.

i think you and a4fann should take your sex elsewhere, and then go cry together

I never mentioned a thing about sex but know that you mention it......

onemoremile
05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Time to lock this fiasco. I let it go so everyone's feelings on this sort of topic became known. No real surprises here.