PDA

View Full Version : help with CEL please cant vag till tuesday

audithisworld
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
so on the way home from work today, when i would boost (in any gear) it would like jolt or jump. it just didnt feel right so i stopped boosting. after i got home i went to my friends house and tried it again. this time it felt like something was really holding me back. only when i boost mind you. so i get to my friends house and let him drive it to see what he thinks. he takes off and i hear it like knocking almost it just didnt sound right. he comes back with a flashing CEL and now the CEL is just on. everything else is fine idle, acceleration for the most part, but we're thinking....coil pack? had a head rebuild 3k ago with spark plugs and everything..

sean1.8t
05-27-2007, 11:26 PM
sounds like icm

audithisworld
05-28-2007, 08:57 AM
anyone else???

audithisworld
05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
if icm stands for idle control something, i said the idle is fine, its only when i boost or get on the gas a little that i have the problem. it kinda reminds me of when my distributor was bad in my old 2.0 jetta and i would drive in wet weather the car would like rock.

audithisworld
05-28-2007, 12:55 PM
thanks you guys are great!

sean1.8t
05-28-2007, 12:58 PM
icm = ignition control module. it sits on top of your airbox..

but it could be a number of things. coilpack, icm, maf maybe.. hard to tell without any codes. is autozone open today? could try there to scan it