PDA

View Full Version : Got a Code today from a diy

badboi24u
05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
So yesterday i did a little mod nothing special. I put a flexible tube from the bottom of the bumper under the fog light and ran the tube up to the cone intake. I checked to see how well it worked by blowing air in the tube and wow it actually put alot of air right to the intake. The bad thing is i was driving today and the CEL came on so i started to freak out, i got it scanned and the code was P1136 so i guess by adding the tube it caused my car to run to lean. I took out the tube and erased the code and so far no more CEL. I just thought i would share this with ya guys just incase anyone tries this mod.

MikeWasHere05
05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
So yesterday i did a little mod nothing special. I put a flexible tube from the bottom of the bumper under the fog light and ran the tube up to the cone intake. I checked to see how well it worked by blowing air in the tube and wow it actually put alot of air right to the intake. The bad thing is i was driving today and the CEL came on so i started to freak out, i got it scanned and the code was P1136 so i guess by adding the tube it caused my car to run to lean. I took out the tube and erased the code and so far no more CEL. I just thought i would share this with ya guys just incase anyone tries this mod.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, it would feed more cold air to the intake... right?

Why the CEL?

mikeyvuitton
05-24-2007, 07:02 AM
probably because the MAF is reading to much oxygen.

MikeWasHere05
05-24-2007, 07:03 AM
probably because the MAF is reading to much oxygen.

What about track cars with cone intakes and the passenger headlight removed, are they just tuned for it?

ibew5audi
05-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't it compensate and dump fuel in? They have ram air anyway and I hit 100+ regularly. Sounds weird.

Bic-Ball
05-24-2007, 01:54 PM
sounds like a good way to get water in there

badboi24u
05-24-2007, 03:56 PM
i tried to put water up there with the hose and none really came out at all.

badboi24u
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't it compensate and dump fuel in? They have ram air anyway and I hit 100+ regularly. Sounds weird.

thats what i thought