PDA

View Full Version : OEM IPod adaptor?

GramCracker
05-24-2007, 05:58 AM
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=1.8T&model=B5%20A4&submodel=Quattro&category=Interior&subcategory=Stereo
Anyone know about the "OEM IPod Wiring Adaptor"? Will it work on my new car, 2001 A4 double din Audi Symphony Stereo? What I am currently using is one of the cassette adaptors (which imo are a lot better than the radio frequency things) but the cassette doesn't seem to work as good with this stereo as my pervious one. So let me know what your guy's opinion is on this part.

Oh yea, how do you control the ipod through the stereo? (obviously the knobs and such, but which knobs and how)

Thanks,

Graham

Euro-Tuner
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
does anyone make an adapter that plugs into the stock CD changer wire? I want to be able to control my iPod with the iPod, but use it through my CDC function...maybe peripheral?

the peripheral controls it thru the head unit....I have a feeling that would be annoying and hard to control, any have any experience with it?

Rosati
05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Yes to both of you

Go to ebay and see if you can pick up the Dension Icelinks for cheap anymore

I got mine off there a few months ago for 40 shipped. Im sure it went up a bit more since then, But its the best way to go.

GramCracker
05-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Just my luck. I look on ebay and the one I find for Audi doesn't fit my big ass 60 gig video iPod. lolz @ me

Euro-Tuner
05-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes to both of you

Go to ebay and see if you can pick up the Dension Icelinks for cheap anymore

I got mine off there a few months ago for 40 shipped. Im sure it went up a bit more since then, But its the best way to go.

thanks man, found one thats fits my iPod and car...will buy when I get home!

Rosati
05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Good stuff, i installed mine on my sisters car, and i love it, Its so clean , simple and convenient and great quality and best of all it charges your ipod and you can control it from the stock h/u

GramCracker
05-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Do you know if they make one for 60 gig iPods? Otherwise, I'm in a bit of a pickle.

streamline
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
how do the controls work? Do the id3's show up on a 2001 symphony?

theskuh
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Get a blitzsafe works on all ipods with a dock. Plugs into cd changer. but controls are only on the ipod. I have one for our element and it works great haven't got one for my audi yet. It charges as well.

blitzsafe didn't check if you can get it cheaper than this (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/AUDI_MLINK1_V1B.html)