PDA

View Full Version : Painting Question "REAR LIP?"

jaredb587
05-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I have a Stock lip on my A4, I know the front lip comes off, Does the Rear lip come off as well? or would it be easier to just mask around it and then spray it?

Lazer Viking
05-23-2007, 10:37 AM
i think it has fused plastic clips

xpl0sive
05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
yeah it comes off pretty easy, just lay under the car and pry out the clips and pull off the lip, but it doesnt seem to fit properly after u install it back... or maybe i jsut screwed up

Euro-Tuner
05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
^^^ please elaborate...has anyone else not had it fit correctly? I will be painting mine very soon and I would like to know...I am under the impression that you did it wrong, but Im not positive...

xpl0sive
05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
well when i put mine back on i didnt really bother with trying to make it perfect i just threw it back on there how it fit, im sure u can adjust it to have it fit nicely... and make sure u use some high build primer and like 3 coats of paint to make sure it sticks properly

blackaudia4tk
05-23-2007, 07:55 PM
ahh yea it comes off the same as the front one. its really flexible tho and you have to hit it pretty hard to get the clips to go back in. mine fits just as it did before. but i would prob just tape it off. when i repainted my car i didn't take it off bc i was scared the paint would crack from getting it back on

ChescoS6
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I just painted all of my lowers. I removed the front and rear lower lips. They came off very easily and I put them back on in 5 minutes with same fitment, no issues. It will take more time to tape it then take it off IMO.